Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son entered #45 in the 1st grade last year and his teacher was among the best of the teachers I have ever seen. Her complete care and concern for every student in her class was wonderful to see. Also other teachers I came into contact with had similar care and concern for their students. A good portion of these students are refugees and come with no schooling and/or no english and teachers see their students jump grade levels in one year right before their eyes (ie student enters the 4th grade and has no or little english and by the end of the year while not up to "grade level" may be up to a 1st or 2nd grade reading level). The improvement and helping their students is what most of them feed off of.

I love this school. I love the staff. They are all about trying to help my son. The principal and assistant principal both are doing all they can to help fight for what my son should have via his IEP. His current teacher there is wonderful, and although he should have another teacher there for special Ed integrated, she does a wonderful job. She truly cares about every student in her care. Thank you so much to everyone there I have met thus far.

Our school serves the children of the world. With 32 languages spoken and most continents represented, we truly are an International School. My students come from Somalia, Egypt, Yemen and Thailand to name a few. Some of our students have never been to school in their own countries nor are they literate in their first languages. As a 3rd grade teacher I have 1 year to prepare my kids for the state ELA exam and literally hours for the math exam, if they arrive late in the year. Our children work harder than others and their families are incredibly dedicated to the education of their children. The parents of our students are supportive of their children and the teachers that are hoping to instill vast knowledge and values into their youngsters. As educators, we are friends, we are family but mostly we are nurturers to our kids and each other. We need more books and instructional videos and online support to succeed in making our students successful. We need appropriate clothing to make our families comfortable during all of our violent seasons. We are a determined and dedicated staff and want the best for our children.

Great School! Just remodeled, everything up to date, You sense the excitement and enthusiasm from everyone upon entering the building. The International School BPS #45 is exactly what the name states with over 30 different countries represented the students and faculty are working toward one goal, a quality education.

Last modified International School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.