Bad
Good

Posted September 17, 2009
I love Dr. Geo E.Blackmons school because of the excellent teachers and supporting staff.

Dr George Blackman Ecc 1

Posted June 24, 2009
The children are just a number at this school. Insufficient staffing and large class sizes leads to children being pushed aside and short fused teachers and administrators.

Dr George Blackman Ecc 4

Posted November 18, 2008
My son attended this Pre K program at 4 years old. The school has an excellent early leaning agenda. Loved the school for that period. Yes the school only goes to the 4th grade and I am in total agreement that I should have moved him sooner than the 3rd grade. I chose to move because I did see a decline in the progressive years as someone wrote earlier. Wish I made the move sooner. But I can not say enough about the pre K setting. Most of my families children attended this school and all had a great experience. He went to CSAT and this school is fantastic ! Plus it goes from K - 12, and I couldn't be happier.

Posted July 29, 2008
My son attended Pre K, Ms Clark was his teacher, she is a very good teacher, I'am happy that my son had such an excellent teacher to acclumate him into the shcool system. He is now entering the 1st grade, and he looks forward to comming everyday. The journey thur books is a great sorce to keep the children interested in reading. My only regret is that the school only goes to the 4th grade

Posted June 17, 2008
My son has attended two schools and he has never wanted to go to school, getting him to school in the morning was an everyday two hour struggle that left me exhausted and guilty. After the first day of school here, I havent had any issues with him at all. I am very pleased with the school. The teachers and staff are great and there is a very diverse student population. The school does a ton of activities and academically I couldnt ask for more. After two schools one private and one public, my son and I are finally happy.

Dr George Blackman Ecc 4

Posted December 01, 2005
My son is in Pre-K and he has come sooo far under the guidence of Ms. Ransom. I am very happy with the balance of structured learning and loving compassion that both her and Mrs. Adleman provide for these children. I was very hesitant to send my son to a public school and I am very happy that I did. What he has accomplished already this year outshines the private schools that my older son has attended. I also like that parents are encouraged to be involved and I have had fun getting to know both the teachers and students. Wonderful well balanced environment that is designed to promote learning and personal growth!

Posted February 19, 2005
School #54 is a National School of Excellence with good reason. My granddaughter attends Kindegarten there currently and attended Pre-K last year. Both years she has had caring and very knowledgeable teachers who know how to relate to and teach the very youngest student. The academic projects and learning activities have been both creative and challenging. There are excellent before and after school programs which include classes in cooking, drama, karate and Art. Parent involvement is very strongly encouraged with daily involvement with home projects and many in school functions. It's just a great school!

Posted May 25, 2004
I have a 1st grader in this wonderful school and am looking forward to sending my younger son next year for kindergarten. I would not even consider another school, besides 54. The teachers, aides, and all the staff are fantastic. It is such a 'family' school. My son enjoys the school and I love getting involved in all the activities they offer. This school is clearly a gem in the city of Buffalo. I think this is greatly because of the principal. She does everything to continue this spirit throughout the staff and children.

Posted April 30, 2004
I love this school. My son has asthma and a severe peanut allergy. The school staff and principal have shown nothing but pure support. They have put my child and me at ease by their actions.

Posted September 11, 2003
Mrs. Martina has always been a fair and empathetic leader. Her staff knows how to treat a child and it shows.

2358 Main Street, Buffalo, NY  14214
Last modified Dr George Blackman Ecc is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.