Posted June 29, 2012
I have been going to Olmsted since 5th grade I am now entering 7th grade and I think Olmsted is a GeatSchool. They have many challenging Academics. They also have many Great after and during school activities. Olmsted students are very smart and I also strongly believe Olmsted is a family. Many people underestimate this school because of City Honors but I think its just as good. All of the teachers are very nice and take time out of their own schedules to help student who are having troubles. We also have a very strong Principal and asst. Principal. They demonstrate very healthy orderly fashioned and academically healthy examples. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND OLMSTED MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL "FAMILY" AS A GREAT AND ACADEMICALLY CHALLENGING SCHOOL FOR YOUR CHILD. In order to be accepted into our Olmsted Family .. your child must pass a challenging enterance exam. Olmsted is and always will be my favorite school. I love Olmsted dearly. We stay together.. grow together and more importantly learn together. Once an Olmsted students will always be an Olmsted Owl For Life (unless they become a "Trader" and go to @CityHonors). I HIGHLY SUGGEST OLMSTED MIDDLE && HIGH SCHOOL. Rating out of 1-10 is 100)

Frederick Olmsted 56 4

Posted August 10, 2011
I have been at Olmsted since second grade and now am going into7th grade there I like the school the teachers more than the children there are ways to make it better but it's not bad I've really like going to Olmsted

Posted August 01, 2011
I went to Olmsted since first grade and I am now leaving for high school. My last year here was fun and I had a great time. Mr. Montante had to be the best teacher I ever had during my time there. He made math fun and actually helped me with everything I had troubles with. I am finding myself regretting leaving. I'm comteplating going back after a year. Olmsted was truely a great school

Frederick Olmsted 56 0

Posted January 30, 2010
I went here for 8th grade and I loved it. Mr. Montante is one of the best math teacher's I've ever had. I'm at City Honors School for high school, and I truly believe Olmsted provided the background for me to succeed. I will be attending an Ivy League or Ivy League quality college next year (haven't decided exactly where to go yet) and it never would've happend without Olmsted.

Posted January 23, 2010
i love this school with all my heart and i never want to leave. tg doesnt think so but i do i lone that we have diversity here and i am so proud that we have an excellant school here at 56 and everything is amazing!!!!!!! sg

Posted December 14, 2009

Frederick Olmsted 56 2

Posted November 06, 2009

Posted February 26, 2008
I've tutored and helped at this school about 6x's. One of the teacher's has been Nat'l Teacher of the Year 2x's. It is a very multicultural school with plenty of activities afterschool. The school is very safe. The children are honor roll children or trying to be put on honor roll, so all of the students want to be there to learn. The NYS standards do not help children, but the teachers are superb. I would recommend summer school and then placing your child in this school if he/she has the potential but his/her current school lacks in academics and/or safety.

Posted August 23, 2007

Frederick Olmsted 56
1405 Sycamore St, Buffalo, NY  14211
Last modified Frederick Olmsted 56 is a Public school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frederick Olmsted 56 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top