Bad
Good

Lorraine Elementary School 3

Posted December 08, 2013
I think that the principal (which is named by the website) Mr. Miklas is doing a very good job of trying to create a Great school. Kudos go out to him. I just don't feel he has as much support as he needs to fully accomplish that goal right away. One day my son may return, but at this time I am probably switching him for next year. This is due to various things: From the busses (which is a separate issue), to the lunches never being what is on the menu; to no one walking the little kids to their busses; to his class being so large; to his Gen Ed teacher not really seeming to care about her students; to his Spec. Ed teacher seeming to go back & forth between caring and professional to not so much; to not getting a call at work (only a vm on cell) about my son throwing up at school (when they have 3 numbers available to contact); to the nurse/nurse's secretary not being very nice nor accommodating to my son when he broke out in hives; to the main office staff not being friendly or personable; to Art on a Cart & Music on a Cart (this is so upsetting to me because children are not getting anything close to the full effect of these classes); etc.

Lorraine Elementary School

Posted May 02, 2009
I am not only a proud parent of a Lorraine Elementary student, but I am also a teacher that knows what to look for in a good school. I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else. The staff is dedicated to children, accessible to parents, and professional. This school is great!

Lorraine Elementary School 5

Posted April 25, 2009
One of the best kept secrets in buffalo. Scores are misleading because of large number of special classes. Dynamic principal and staff.

Lorraine Elementary School 3

Posted September 21, 2008
Good school, but it needs academically advanced classes for students that 'get it' and have to wait for the others to catch up. We have a lot a bright students that would benefit tremendously with advanced classes

Lorraine Elementary School 4

Posted September 25, 2005
I think lorraine is a great school the teacher and princapal is great I wouldn't send my kid any where else my husband and I discussed moving so are children could go to a better school until we found lorraine now I wouldn't take my daughter outif you paid me I only wish they would have some after school study programs

Lorraine Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2005
I like the school as far as the academic programs they offer. However there student to teacher ratio of 25:1 is to high for me.

Lorraine Elementary School
71 Lorraine Avenue, Buffalo, NY  14220
Last modified Lorraine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lorraine Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top