Buffalo, NY

Ps 81 1

Posted March 13, 2012
This is a horrible school! The teachers are very unfriendly as well as inconsiderate. The way they speak to the students is terrible, constantly yelling and putting the children down. I have recently pulled my child from this school and it was the best decision ever. My child is at a much better school and is thriving as well as going beyond his potential! I am disgusted by this school and would never recommend it to any parent!

Ps 81 2

Posted March 10, 2012
As a parent of a former student, I rate this school below average compared to all schools in WNY. If you want to compare it to just buffalo schools, it's probably a little better than average. Pros: good teachers, strong principal, disciplined classrooms. The kids don't run the show in this building. Cons: too much focus on test prep, few extras (field trips, programs, etc), and a really rough group of students especially in the junior high. Seems like the crowd got tougher and tougher every year.

Ps 81 0

Posted April 29, 2010
Mrs cornfield is the main reason. She took great strength in helping to connect to the right services for my special needs child and now he has been a total changed person. For her caring and devotion i owe her so much.

Posted March 29, 2009

Ps 81 4

Posted May 01, 2008
This school is the best thing that ever happened to my children. the Teachers,Principals and staff are all the #1. They are more than teachers,they are friends,and people my kids can turn to if they have a problem and not be yelled at or rejected. I wouldn't have them go anywhere else. My son graduates from 8th grade this June and is VERY sad about leaving here. I have nothing BUT good things to say about this wonderful school and the people in it. D.M.M.

Ps 81 4

Posted May 26, 2007
would be a great school if there were a parent teacher group to join

Ps 81 2

Posted September 07, 2005

Posted February 11, 2005
this is an amazing school with wonderful teachers and high academic standards. there is music art, and many sports and after school activities.

Posted August 02, 2004
- a former student

Ps 81 0

Posted October 01, 2003
P.S. 81 is a small community school. I am satisfied with the elementary school. My granddaughter has attended since kindergarten and I was quite satisfied until last year, when her teacher was replaced in the middle part of the year. We will more than likely move her to a private school by grade 6 if the school grade average for 8th grade testing doesn't improve.

Ps 81
140 Tacoma Avenue, Buffalo, NY  14216
Last modified Ps 81 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 81 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top