Bad
Good

Makowski used to be a great school when my nieces and nephews were younger...however it has gone down hill constantly. I have 3 children in Makowski (including a set of twin). All my children have peanut and tree nut allergies..on the first day of school I took them to let the teachers know (the clinic in the school is amazing they know my children by name and face) despite telling her teacher my 5 year old was given a peanut butter cracker...my 7 year old told her teacher she thought she ate something with peanuts she told her she would be fine and put her on the bus...my twins have been there since pre-K every year is a toss up if my son has a great teacher my daughters is terrible and vice versa...my 7 year old daughter is bullied daily when I asked to change her class they told me no because they had already denied other parents and it wouldn't be fair...they put my daughter (who is reading at a 5 grade level)in remedial reading and my son (who does multiplication despite being in 2nd grade) in remedial math just for the funding..if you care about your child's education DO NOT SEND THEM TO MAKOWSKI!!!

I Have two Sons That have attended #99 And i can honestly say that this is one of the best schools in the city of Buffalo NY One of my sons has gone on to The Olmsted Gifted and talented program while the other one remains at Makowski the Teachers at Makowski show a genuine concern about the childrens education and for that I Thank you very much keep up the good work.

I have 4 sons all of them have attended Makowski, 2 of them have gone on to City Honors School,2 are still at #99. The school is wonderful. Teachers care and the facility is top notch. We live in the City just for our children to attend such a great school.

I think Stanley Makowski Early Childhood Center is a wonderful institution for learning thus far. I have a 4 year old daughter who is upon completing her first year of Pre-K. She has learned a lot, although she had attended Bethel Head Start last year which gave her a 'Head Start'; however, Stanley Makowski has done an excellent job in continuing her education journey. My daughter loves her school as well as her teachers. The only negative thing that I did not like about the school was that they held several programs and activities for the Pre-schooler in which they wanted parents to attend and participate in that were during the day. I am a working mother and was unable to attend a lot of her programs which sometimes left my daughter disappointed. Other than than, the school is great she will attend all the way to the 4th grade.

Last modified Stanley Makowski Early Childhood Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.