K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school was not a positive experience, it was a toxic environment for me. I barely graduated, entering high school I questioned whether I would ever graduate because I had such a terrible time at this school. The teachers were not kind to me. Now i am out of high school and I graduated with first honors with a 96 average. The SMK middle school teachers are unkind, nasty, and talk about private information that has to do with students in front of other kids. I would NEVER recommend this school to anyone.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Many kids are bullied at this school and they do not do anything about it. Many kids go home crying and do not want to go back to this school. Many kids leave SMK because of bullying.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They are NOT good teachers, especially middle school. They only teach one way and do not care if a student with learning differences does not understand. They are horrible and it makes it worse for the child.

As a new parent to the school i must say i not very happy with this school.The staff in the office are very rude and the way they talk to the students is unreal.Someone needs to do something about this matter.Very clicky school not welcoming at all.

We LOVE St. Mark School! We now have two children enrolled and couldn't be happier. This is the principal's second year and the changes we have seen have all been positive. The teachers and staff are very kind and the overall sense of community within the school is wonderful. We feel our kids are getting an excellent education and we would highly recommend this school to others.

All of the reviews BEFORE the new principal were very positive, and the reviews for the school NOW are not good; there are very valid reasons for that. If the new principal does not change her style it is my belief she will be gone within a year or two.

My daughter just finished first grade and we love it at St. Marks. The new principal is changing things yes but not for the worse. She knows what needs to be addressesd and she is doing it. She does not seem shy about her goals for the school. I believe my little girl is getting a great education. We are becomeing apart of the church com. as well and the families involved with the church and the school are so nice and welcomeing. However as we all know if you stand on the side of any activity people are not going to beg you to participate. My husband and I LOVE it there and I dred the thought of leaving. Also the parents have never been allowed in the building at the start of the school day as far as I know. I believe it is for space and independance reasons.. First week of kindergarden you may walk them in. Each room has opps. for parents to help out and become room parents. There are so may ways to become involved with St. Marks.

I would not recommend st. Marks school. It is not the same as it was in the past. The new principal rules the school in a very militant way. Parents are not welcome in the building. The teachers are no longer friendly and nurturing. The principal has changed the whole culture and focus of the school. She runs it like a public school. Religion is not being taught . The mission of catholic education is not felt here at all. The focus is on state test scores not the children. The curriculum is not being followed. They waste valuable time teaching to the test! It is such an unchristian environment with less than mediocre teaching. What a shame. This school went from exceptional to very poor in less than a year. It is so bad that I pulled my child out 3 months before the end of the year. We couldn't stand it any longer. St. Marks no longer is standing up to its reputation.

St. Mark's is a great school academically. My daughter has been there for six years and does exceptionally well. The past few years has been challenging because teaching staff has changed often, classroom size has become overwhelming and there has been some obvious mistreatment to some students by staff and other students. St. Mark's was once a school that believed all children were equal and should be treated fairly. I'm not so sure anymore.

My son is in the second grade and we are not pleased, so this will be his last year. They are too strict ,the kids are punished as a whole class for the bad behavior of just a few,and this is happening all too often. Now he doesn't even want to go to school. . Teacher has no patience and needs to not be a teacher anymore. Community as a whole is very clicky also. Whether or not you like this school depends on who you are here,not on your child.

Last modified St Mark Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8