PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We are tremendously sad that St Leo's, our daughter's school, is closing at the end of the year. The six years she has spent there have been amazing. The principal, Mrs. Kraus, cares so deeply for the children. She is always positive and upbeat. She has been there for our most precious treasure for the last six years. The teachers have been equally amazing, supportive, and loving. I always felt bad knowing how underpaid they were for their incredible devotion and dedication. We are going to miss you St. Leo's.

Unfortunately the school is closing at the end of the year. It is hard to see it go. Teachers past and present were awesome.

My school has an amazing principal that her heart goes out to each student as if they were her own. She is understanding and easy to talk to. The teachers and staff are hands on when it comes to teaching our kids. They will help each child succeed. There are no boundaries. Kids are wonderful and sweet. St. Leo's has become our home.

Wonderful school, amazing teachers, loving supportive environment. Best educational experience we've ever had. As both a parent and former teacher ( not at St. Leo's) this is clearly the best elementary school in the area. Best principal I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

GENUINE, AUTHENTIC, LOVING, WARM, RICH IN TRADITION AND GROWING. I cannot begin to express how incredible the school and staff are! When I stop in and visit my daughter and classmates for lunch, it does not feel like I am visiting her school....it feels like I am stopping by Grandma's house. The principal Mrs.Kraus is a true "mother-hen" she watches over the children as if they were her own babies. The teachers are close-knit and work as a team. The doors are ALWAYS open unless the kids are testing. This school is a dream come true. The Christian values modeled and taught daily are priceless. I feel honored and truly blessed to be part of this AMAZING school and parish. Finding the right fit for our child was a test in itself. I am glad those days have passed and we are marching full speed ahead with St.Leo The Great in the lead!!!!

I cannot say enough about St Leo the Great. The principal is wonderful. The teachers are smart ,educated and very caring . The atmosphere of St Leo's is truly one of family. It is a perfect place for a child to flourish!

The teachers constantly go above and beyond what is required and expected, and the administration is supportive and communicative. It's a terrific school

This school has undergone a substantial number of administrative and faculty changes in recent years and is no longer the good choice that it used to be. The school building is in a far worse state than any other Catholic school in Amherst.

We started my son's education at a public school. He got quite an (unwanted) education from his peers. We moved him to St. Leo's and it was the best decision we have ever made. His peers are very well behaved and respectful. The teachers really expect a lot regarding behavior, morals, effort, and education.

Excellent teaching and administrative staff. Students are well prepared for High School after receiving a St. Leo's education. Morals, faith and service to others are incorporated into all of student work.

Last modified St Leo The Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8