Buffalo, NY

Posted December 13, 2013
My son transferred from a private Catholic school where he was bored, sad and frustrated. He changed 180 degrees at EFS. He now loves going to school and has become a very happy, independent and inquisitive learner. The teachers really care and provide a good quality education. EFS also supports students who participate in gifted programs (e.g., UB or CTY at JHU).

Elmwood-Franklin School 2

Posted May 12, 2013
EFS is not as good as I had hoped. I sent my kid from public to private and didn't see much of a difference. Class sizes are the same, teachers are nice but mediocre, and parents are very cliquish. Tuitiion is too high and I'm certainly not getting what I paid for.

Posted October 25, 2012
I have 2 children(1 in upper school and 1 in lower school) that attend the Elmwood Franklin School and I could not be happier. My children are constantly engaged in their education, and love to go to school everyday. The school faculty is second to none. They care about the education of each child and foster independence as they progress, and once in middle school, the students take ownership of their schedule, learning and balancing workload. They have great faculty support, strong academics, (EFS students are consistently at the top and leaders of their chosen high school classes) responsibility and example setting for the lower school students, and time to gain the confidence and maturity they NEED to head to high school. There is no better place for a middle school student to be(such sensitive years), and I couldn't ask for a better school academically, socially and/or for personal growth of my children.

Elmwood-Franklin School 2

Posted May 23, 2012
The lower school is decent. However, the middle school does not deliver. The students leave EFS to write, quite frankly, like students two grades younger. In addition, certain teachers are rude towards students (although some teachers have redeeming qualities). Elmwood students, ultimately, do not "think beyond" the way the school promises, due to lackluster performance in all subjects

Posted February 02, 2012
The school is a model for every school. My son is a highly intelligent and sensitive child. He was frustrated and unmotivated in a public elementary school in Williamsville. He entered EFS in fifth grade, within a few months, he became so happy to go to school and motivated for every thing in life. He feels challenged and focused every day. The academic contents (things he learns from school is so much more than his previous school). The school also teaches time management and organization skills. They also emphasize character education- educate the whole person. I fully support this school and feel lucky we find the right school for our son.

Posted January 13, 2009
My son attended public school through 5th grade. He was bored, frustrated and sad. He transferred to EFS and has become an engaged, active, happy and successful young man. The teachers at EFS and the low pupil teacher ratio have made all the difference in his life. EFS was worth every dollar I have spent sending him to a private school.

Elmwood-Franklin School 0

Posted October 30, 2008
This will me my 9th year attending EFS. This school is truly remarkable! When you wake up in the morning as a student you don't feel that school is a hassle. Instead you are excited to see all the friendly faces smiling at you! The teachers are wonderful and always helpful! Thanks Elmwood! I will be sad to leave...

Posted April 11, 2006
- a former student

Posted August 10, 2005
- a administrator

Posted May 18, 2005
- a former student

Elmwood-Franklin School
104 New Amsterdam Avenue, Buffalo, NY  14216
Last modified Elmwood-Franklin School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Elmwood-Franklin School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top