Public charter
Buffalo, NY
Students enrolled: 1,674

Posted December 29, 2014
Love love love CSAT! We live in a neighboring district and have chosen to send our kids to CSAT instead of our home schools. My children haven't just done ok...they've excelled! I could list all the things I love about the school...but I honestly don't know where to start! Love the longer school day/year, love the uniforms, love that there are only two half-days a year, the teachers are amazing, the principal and support staff are all great to deal with, and very helpful. Access to technology, physical education, sports, clubs, activities, the opportunities seem endless! Thinking about CSAT? I highly recommend to look into it. You will NOT be disappointed!
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 23, 2014
I love this school! The people here are so nice and welcoming. I have three children in this school and 1 stuck in public school. One in the new middle school and one in the high school. They have so much that the public school does not. Its a great school with great people. Don't second guess on applying for your children to come here DO IT. You won't regret it.

Posted May 09, 2014
Wonderful school, longer days and year, daily physical activities, uniforms required, after school program, computers in each class room, not only follows academics but the human portion too, every day students are reminded of going to school and introduces them to different carers and/or jobs
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 08, 2013
I love my school I am a new sophmore and this school has shown me what I want, and what I need. This school is my hero. I know with this school being mine, I'm definitely going to be succesful! Thanks CHSAT!

Posted July 28, 2011
This is a very good school, organized, excellent teachers, their programs are very challenging, i love the environment were my kids school is right now and also they have good leadership.

Posted June 27, 2011
I love this school my daughter has been attending this school since she was in 4th grade and she now attends the high school for applied tech. My only problem with the school is that because it is so culturally diverse the school should be celebrating this by teaching the children about different cultures and there contributions to our country.

Posted May 10, 2011
I feel that CSAT is a great school. The uniforms, the longer school year and school day is a plus. I also appreciate that this school has a diverse student population which I don't see at a lot of schools in the Buffalo area. My children are in grade 1 and 5 and are excelling academically. I have access to the principaI, teachers and other staff at any time by email or telephone; and I receive a quick response. I am very satisfied with the choice I made to move my children from a public school to a charter school.

Posted September 17, 2010
This is the largest and one of the most respected charter school in NYS. It consistenly outscores Buffalo Public Schools in state assessments and has had 100 percent graduation rate for the past two years. CSAT has defied expectations by taking inner-city students and proving they can be successful with the right guidance and education. No school is perfect, but should be defined by the standards they create for themselves and how they reach beyond those standards to create a safe, encouraging environment. Look at the overall picture of an educational institution, not the small insignificant aspects, and you will see that CSAT is a wonderful, positive asset to the community.

Posted May 04, 2010
I think this school is very good. Although many things need to change.For an example, the gym floor, it should be hard wood like the high school.I know that there is budget cuts but still.And also I don't like the school clothes getting all sweaty, I think that the other kids, and me should be able to change.(well at least the older kids.)

Posted April 27, 2010
I know that this school is exceptional and my son loves the school and everything it offers. I am truly delighted with all staff and teacher s proactive attitude for learning I think it should be graded a five star school.

Charter School for Applied Technologies
2303 Kenmore Avenue, Buffalo, NY  14207
Last modified Charter School for Applied Technologies is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charter School for Applied Technologies Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top