Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are some fantastic teachers at CSAT, but they are becoming increasingly disheartened due to higher administration's ignorance. Unfortunately, we also came across a small handful of teachers who were completely incompetent in their teaching skills and severely lacked empathy—and our children paid the price.

Develops character: Disagree

Students are rewarded for performance in physical education, but not for academic performance (likely due to the prevalence of obesity in the student population). Students are also bribed to take the state tests via field trips and prizes—those whose parents choose for them to refuse the tests are ostracized.

CSAT used to be a great school—our children attended for many years. But poor academics, questionable ethics and hot-headed administration caused us to pull our children out of CSAT. We quickly realized the sub-par education our children received at CSAT within the first few weeks at a public school. Our children were significantly behind their peers and we were forced to hire a tutor to make up for the poor academic foundation CSAT gave them. I may have recommended CSAT several years ago, but I would never recommend it now.

Love love love CSAT! We live in a neighboring district and have chosen to send our kids to CSAT instead of our home schools. My children haven't just done ok...they've excelled! I could list all the things I love about the school...but I honestly don't know where to start! Love the longer school day/year, love the uniforms, love that there are only two half-days a year, the teachers are amazing, the principal and support staff are all great to deal with, and very helpful. Access to technology, physical education, sports, clubs, activities, the opportunities seem endless! Thinking about CSAT? I highly recommend to look into it. You will NOT be disappointed!

I love this school! The people here are so nice and welcoming. I have three children in this school and 1 stuck in public school. One in the new middle school and one in the high school. They have so much that the public school does not. Its a great school with great people. Don't second guess on applying for your children to come here DO IT. You won't regret it.

Wonderful school, longer days and year, daily physical activities, uniforms required, after school program, computers in each class room, not only follows academics but the human portion too, every day students are reminded of going to school and introduces them to different carers and/or jobs

I love my school I am a new sophmore and this school has shown me what I want, and what I need. This school is my hero. I know with this school being mine, I'm definitely going to be succesful! Thanks CHSAT!

This is a very good school, organized, excellent teachers, their programs are very challenging, i love the environment were my kids school is right now and also they have good leadership.

I love this school my daughter has been attending this school since she was in 4th grade and she now attends the high school for applied tech. My only problem with the school is that because it is so culturally diverse the school should be celebrating this by teaching the children about different cultures and there contributions to our country.

I feel that CSAT is a great school. The uniforms, the longer school year and school day is a plus. I also appreciate that this school has a diverse student population which I don't see at a lot of schools in the Buffalo area. My children are in grade 1 and 5 and are excelling academically. I have access to the principaI, teachers and other staff at any time by email or telephone; and I receive a quick response. I am very satisfied with the choice I made to move my children from a public school to a charter school.

Last modified Charter School for Applied Technologies is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.