Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter went to Public school in Pre-K and now she is in SBCS for Kindergarten, and I can honestly say what a complete different experience. I absolutely love SBCS and I am proud that my baby gets to grow into this school.. She loves everything about it and not to mention Mrs Flanagan has made this experience for my daughter and I a great one.. If every teacher is as loyal, Caring, and Wonderful as Mrs Flanagan is I know my daughter is in good hands... Thank you

We LOVED this school until the Head Master took over in August of 2014. The school moral is gone. The teachers are always stressed and my son hates going to school. We will not return next year and I will not longer recommend this school to friends and family.

My daughter is in Kindergarted at SBCS. Whenever I pick her up or drop her off, the staff always greats her by name and smiles at us. Mrs. Flanagan, her teacher is wonderful! I am so happy I was able to send her to this school. I do wish they had a better sports program, but maybe in time. Also, more parents need to be involved with the PTA.

Teachers seem to be good, but the kids are trashy. My 7th grader tells me about friends who skip school. I am not happy with the kids she has befriended at this school and am considering pulling her out next year. Not sure if Buffalo public schools are any better. So maybe parents are out of luck if they cant afford private- such a shame.

My Children are alot happier as SBCS than they were in Buffalo Public. My children wear uniforms and this great for not having the dilemma of "competing with the Fashionista's. There is a lot of parent/family collaboration with reagrds to communication between home and school through the use of Agendas, email, and website that actually post homework!! Each of my children have log ins so that I can easily access their grades and see that they are handing in their assignments and how they did on that test that has yet to be brought home. There are awards for Citizenship as well as Merit and Honor Roll. All in all SBCS has created a community as it takes a community to raise a child. I could not be happier.

My daughter has been @ the school since Kindergarten and is now entering 5th grade and my son just finished Kindergarten and entering 1st grade. I am extremely impressed with the performance of the school. There are great teachers, an excellent PTA, uniforms, etc...No major complaints. I have many friends & relatives who are teachers and they always compliment the schools performance, so what could be a better testimony! Keep up all the great SBCS!!!!

Last modified South Buffalo Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.