Bad
Good

South Buffalo Charter School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 22, 2015
My daughter went to Public school in Pre-K and now she is in SBCS for Kindergarten, and I can honestly say what a complete different experience. I absolutely love SBCS and I am proud that my baby gets to grow into this school.. She loves everything about it and not to mention Mrs Flanagan has made this experience for my daughter and I a great one.. If every teacher is as loyal, Caring, and Wonderful as Mrs Flanagan is I know my daughter is in good hands... Thank you

South Buffalo Charter School 1

Posted January 17, 2015
We LOVED this school until the Head Master took over in August of 2014. The school moral is gone. The teachers are always stressed and my son hates going to school. We will not return next year and I will not longer recommend this school to friends and family.

Posted February 03, 2012
My daughter is in Kindergarted at SBCS. Whenever I pick her up or drop her off, the staff always greats her by name and smiles at us. Mrs. Flanagan, her teacher is wonderful! I am so happy I was able to send her to this school. I do wish they had a better sports program, but maybe in time. Also, more parents need to be involved with the PTA.

South Buffalo Charter School 2

Posted June 14, 2011
Teachers seem to be good, but the kids are trashy. My 7th grader tells me about friends who skip school. I am not happy with the kids she has befriended at this school and am considering pulling her out next year. Not sure if Buffalo public schools are any better. So maybe parents are out of luck if they cant afford private- such a shame.

Posted September 20, 2010
My Children are alot happier as SBCS than they were in Buffalo Public. My children wear uniforms and this great for not having the dilemma of "competing with the Fashionista's. There is a lot of parent/family collaboration with reagrds to communication between home and school through the use of Agendas, email, and website that actually post homework!! Each of my children have log ins so that I can easily access their grades and see that they are handing in their assignments and how they did on that test that has yet to be brought home. There are awards for Citizenship as well as Merit and Honor Roll. All in all SBCS has created a community as it takes a community to raise a child. I could not be happier.

South Buffalo Charter School 4

Posted July 18, 2008
My daughter has been @ the school since Kindergarten and is now entering 5th grade and my son just finished Kindergarten and entering 1st grade. I am extremely impressed with the performance of the school. There are great teachers, an excellent PTA, uniforms, etc...No major complaints. I have many friends & relatives who are teachers and they always compliment the schools performance, so what could be a better testimony! Keep up all the great SBCS!!!!

Posted August 05, 2005
This school, in my opinion, is the best school in Buffalo. My son has been in it's attendence since the school opened in the year 2000, and it gets better all the time. The teachers are excellent,as well as the office staff and the administration and as always the principal,Mr. Gustina. I would recommend this school to any and all parents who are looking for a school to send there children to.Keep up the most excellent work.

South Buffalo Charter School
154 South Ogden Street, Buffalo, NY  14206
Last modified South Buffalo Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.