Public charter
Buffalo, NY

Tapestry Charter School 3

Posted September 07, 2014
High school is both progressive and regressive at the same time. The teaching methods are very innovative and effective, but the behavior methods for discipline are inconsistent and do not offer avenues for positive reinforcement. It's all punishment or inconsistent enforcement of school policies. For example, students get a silent lunch for talking in class, but other students who might cuss out a teacher get let back in with an apology, or students will rack up multiple tardies but will never have to serve a detention. The leadership of the school can be quite arrogant at times and plays favorites when it comes to student issues that arise, or ignores the glaringly obvious weaknesses the school has. Most of the teachers are great but are overshadowed by an out-of-control librarian and an AmeriCorps worker who think they run the building. If the school can realize they are not immaculate and exempt from criticism because they are a charter, and proactively try to find solutions to their many weaknesses, they could be much better.

Posted January 30, 2014
My daughter was part of the first graduating high school class. She loved the school! They had a great curriculum, the teachers were wonderful, engaging and caring. Mrs. Cathcart is the best administrator and the students still go back to visit her and the other teachers. My daughter is now a Senior at Buffalo State College. I loved the school even through its growing pains.

Posted October 18, 2013
This is a very good school, my daughter seems to be fill of joy every since she started this year as a freshman of this school.The teachers are very caring and is willing to help students with any subject,my daughter stays after school when she needs help with any subject..my daughter have changed she seems to be more happy...Thank You Tapestry!!

Posted September 17, 2013
Tapestery is the most welcoming school,and sensitive to everybody's needs.There one on one as needed is fantastic and non judgmental.Thank you Tapestry for all you do for my granddaughter.She is now a 10th grader.Submitted by a grandmother.

Tapestry Charter School 4

Posted September 16, 2013
My children attend the elementary school. So far so good. This school has a lot to offer their students. I am noticing some diversity and other cultural programs, compared to charter schools like Buffalo United Charter school that does not provide anything for their students.Tapestry is an good school. Keep up the good work.

Posted August 08, 2013
Wonderful school, fantastic faculty and staff and great communication between school and parent. Could not be more pleased with my daughter's education to date.

Posted August 05, 2013
My daughter graduated from Tapestry High School in 2012. As a parent, I was pleased with the level of communication between school and home. I also was very happy with the opportunities my daughter had for growth both personally and academically. Tapestry takes a wonderful hands-on approach to education and involves students in learning both traditionally and in unique ways. They have a way of engaging students as part of the school community and as part of the greater general community. They are a socially conscious school and they promote the good of each student as well as the student body as a whole. Teachers are engaged and seem genuinely interested in the students success, and often go above and beyond what would be expected. The administration is definitely involved as part of the school team as well, and they are responsive to parent inquiries. After several moves, the school finally settled in a permanent location in a very accessible area of North Buffalo and the facilities are clean, efficient, and modernized. I would highly recommend this high school to anyone looking for a place where students truly have an opportunity to prepare for future success.

Posted December 05, 2012
This is the 4th year that I've been teaching high school science at Tapestry. Prior to my position at this school, I had experience teaching in 3 other local middle and high schools as well as dozens of observations at other local area high schools. Tapestry has been by far the most impressive school I've been a part of. The administrators are very understanding and flexible and they too attend the frequent professional development sessions. My fellow teachers and I put forth a great deal of effort to support each other and we take a great deal of pride in what we accomplish with our students. We strive for excellence in every single student. And the students, who come from every walk of life across the entire city, all learn and grow together, helping each other out and becoming more like family by the time that they graduate together. A quick write up such as this can not do justice to the magnificence of the whole learning community. Tapestry is truly a great place to be.

Posted May 28, 2012
My son is in 6th grade, and this is his first year in Tapestry. The philosophy of this school really promotes creativity and independent thinking, a far cry from the rote learning and focus on test prep that I've seen in a lot of other schools. There is a strong focus on community, and a culture of openness, trust, and individuality woven into a solid academic program. Tapestry seems ideal for us.

Tapestry Charter School 0

Posted May 07, 2010
We have 3 children at Tapestry. Our eldest is in 10th grade. We are extemely impressed with education he receives - especially those taken at the end of each trimester used to be sure every student has accomplished their targeted goals. Our twins, who are in k/1 class, are excelling. This school is an expeditionary learning experience. Today our son (age 6) was one of the tour guides for an event at the school meant to educate politicians, and parents about our charter school. He was well mannered and articulate. We are happy to take some of the credit for that but the remainder of the credit belongs to all the teachers in the school. We love Tapestry!!!!!!!!!!

Tapestry Charter School
65 Great Arrow Avenue, Buffalo, NY  14216
Last modified Tapestry Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tapestry Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top