Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child never has homework in middle school and if he does he must be doing it at school.

Lots of changes in this school since we started 4 years ago. Overall we have not been happy with this school at all. It is really not the place for students with learning disabilities. Tapestry got too big too fast and students who need support are slipping through the cracks. I feel like it's a school built on good intentions but delivery is ineffective. Class sizes are way too big. Behavior problems in middle school affect learning. My child's math skills are abysmal after several years of ineffective instruction. That said there have been pockets of light in this school...a handful of highly caring teachers/staff that have touched my kids lives in a positive and long lasting way. Unfortunately Tapestry doesn't seem to hold on to the great ones. I'm disturbed by the turnover of teachers and staff.

High school is both progressive and regressive at the same time. The teaching methods are very innovative and effective, but the behavior methods for discipline are inconsistent and do not offer avenues for positive reinforcement. It's all punishment or inconsistent enforcement of school policies. For example, students get a silent lunch for talking in class, but other students who might cuss out a teacher get let back in with an apology, or students will rack up multiple tardies but will never have to serve a detention. The leadership of the school can be quite arrogant at times and plays favorites when it comes to student issues that arise, or ignores the glaringly obvious weaknesses the school has. Most of the teachers are great but are overshadowed by an out-of-control librarian and an AmeriCorps worker who think they run the building. If the school can realize they are not immaculate and exempt from criticism because they are a charter, and proactively try to find solutions to their many weaknesses, they could be much better.

My daughter was part of the first graduating high school class. She loved the school! They had a great curriculum, the teachers were wonderful, engaging and caring. Mrs. Cathcart is the best administrator and the students still go back to visit her and the other teachers. My daughter is now a Senior at Buffalo State College. I loved the school even through its growing pains.

This is a very good school, my daughter seems to be fill of joy every since she started this year as a freshman of this school.The teachers are very caring and is willing to help students with any subject,my daughter stays after school when she needs help with any subject..my daughter have changed she seems to be more happy...Thank You Tapestry!!

Tapestery is the most welcoming school,and sensitive to everybody's needs.There one on one as needed is fantastic and non judgmental.Thank you Tapestry for all you do for my granddaughter.She is now a 10th grader.Submitted by a grandmother.

My children attend the elementary school. So far so good. This school has a lot to offer their students. I am noticing some diversity and other cultural programs, compared to charter schools like Buffalo United Charter school that does not provide anything for their students.Tapestry is an good school. Keep up the good work.

Wonderful school, fantastic faculty and staff and great communication between school and parent. Could not be more pleased with my daughter's education to date.

My daughter graduated from Tapestry High School in 2012. As a parent, I was pleased with the level of communication between school and home. I also was very happy with the opportunities my daughter had for growth both personally and academically. Tapestry takes a wonderful hands-on approach to education and involves students in learning both traditionally and in unique ways. They have a way of engaging students as part of the school community and as part of the greater general community. They are a socially conscious school and they promote the good of each student as well as the student body as a whole. Teachers are engaged and seem genuinely interested in the students success, and often go above and beyond what would be expected. The administration is definitely involved as part of the school team as well, and they are responsive to parent inquiries. After several moves, the school finally settled in a permanent location in a very accessible area of North Buffalo and the facilities are clean, efficient, and modernized. I would highly recommend this high school to anyone looking for a place where students truly have an opportunity to prepare for future success.

This is the 4th year that I've been teaching high school science at Tapestry. Prior to my position at this school, I had experience teaching in 3 other local middle and high schools as well as dozens of observations at other local area high schools. Tapestry has been by far the most impressive school I've been a part of. The administrators are very understanding and flexible and they too attend the frequent professional development sessions. My fellow teachers and I put forth a great deal of effort to support each other and we take a great deal of pride in what we accomplish with our students. We strive for excellence in every single student. And the students, who come from every walk of life across the entire city, all learn and grow together, helping each other out and becoming more like family by the time that they graduate together. A quick write up such as this can not do justice to the magnificence of the whole learning community. Tapestry is truly a great place to be.

Last modified Tapestry Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.