Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

I like the way the teachers keep in touch to let me know how my son is doing. Also loved the summer concert the youth did. And how the counselors got my son a summer youth job

The school has been getting rid of the teachers that can teach :( The students will all fail now.

The Stanley G. Falk school help me a lot and I will never Forget any teachers who help me and I gradurate in 2014. Sign Zachary Martin

I attended this school myself in 2012 it is such a great program and all of the teachers are very sweet, anyone that says anything bad about this place obviously hasn't been here, sometimes the teachers give you a little tough love, I loved it here and the atmosphere is great, you are all like a huge family here. 5 stars in My book ;)

I really want the parents out there to know that if you are sending your children here because they have emotional/developmental needs Do not do it! My son is autistic and every day he comes home with horror stories and has melt downs for hours! He tells me how mean the teachers are , how they shove/hold other kids who weren't doing anything wrong, ec! My son was thrown in the corner by the gym teacher ms.mroz by his shirt b/c he was having an autistic break! I have never seen such unorthodox treatment, I even have spent my own time setting up meetings, developing a behavioral plan, and explaining ways to cope with the autism! It worked for a week then the teachers returned to their old behaviors! They even force feed the kids lunch! It is horrible! Really think before you sign! There is a reason it is a small school yet there are always placements available!

The Stanley G. Falk school provides academic services to high at risk Special Education students from over 40 school districts across the wny area. The administration is top notch and the teaching staff are highly trained professionals who genuinely care about students. What separates the Falk school from other day programs is the quality of technology integrated into the classroom to enhance student learning, a positive school culture, and a non adversarial relationship between administration and teachers due to being non unionized. One question that I ask myself is "Would I feel comfortable sending my own child here?" And the answer is a very resounding yes. It has been an absolute privilege to be a part of such a fine organization and to know that we are truly changing lives for the better every day.

I am responding to the posting of February 21st, the person witnessing a restraint. My son attended Stanley Falk from Sept 2012 thru January 16, 2013. He's 9 years old. He suffered at least 6 FACE DOWN restraints that I know of. Yes, it is archaic but even worse it is brutality. My son was face down for 25 minutes! And then they refer to it as a "therapeutic hold"! My son had never been restrained in a school until Stanley Falk. I have nothing positive to say about them. They removed my son from the Delaware Ave site to another Falk site, PS#53 WITHOUT a CSE meeting. I filed a complaint with NYSED and the state sustained my allegation. They violate children.

Today I witnessed one of the male staff members tackle a young female student on the front lawn. I went over to investigate that everything was ok. I asked if they use corporal punishment in the school, the vice principal exclaimed, "No." Clearly the young girl was NOT running into the street as they later claimed. Restraining children with special needs is rather archaic and I look forward to the day that Buffalo catches up to more appropriate methods of controlling their students. There is an underlying assumption that children, who for whatever reason are not able to attend "normal" school, are fair game to an-handle.

MY SON GOES TO CLINTON/ROSSLER SITE I CANT GIVE THIS SCHOOL ENOUGH PRAISE THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR GIVING MY SON A FUTURE AND HOPE THAT HE CAN FUNCTION AS A "NORMAL" ADULT UNASSISTED THANK YOU <3 <3

my son went to stanley g falk school in cheektawaga ny , my son had learning disabilities, and behavior prolbems and was expelled from public school, i only have praise for this wonderful school , expecially his teachers, they worked with him constantly with behavior and taught me how to deal with bad behavior at home and away from school, Miss Burns was his main teacher for the three yrs he attended, i believe with all my heart she Saved my son, from a certian life of hardship and failier, now he works full time as a cook, has nice friends and is able to cope with dissapointment that may come his way, he is now 28 yrs old , so yes there is hope... kathy frederick

Last modified Stanley G Falk School is a Private school