Posted April 28, 2014
Excellent teachers and programs, grandchildren enjoy going to school. Soccer, twirling terrific after school activities.

Posted April 29, 2009
I agree with the other parent review listed here about the Principal, Mr. Enos. Some definite changes have needed to take place for some time and the principal evades these issues year after year. The movie watching in place of any type of recess activity is unacceptable. The lack of any e-communication to the parents and lack of cutting edge thinking is frustrating (ex: how about test scores/grades accessable online, web page improvements, blast emails, parent/teacher communication online, interactive homework sites, etc). Most teachers are excellent however and very dedicated, and I feel the overall education is very good. Proud to give the school a 4 based on that fact. Unfortunately, the principal is holding the school back from reaching it's full potential.

Posted May 27, 2008
our family moved last year to the area. my son adjusted perfectly. the school is like one big family. all the staffs are so friendly. my son is doing great.

Posted October 14, 2007

Posted November 30, 2006
- a former student

Riley Avenue School 3

Posted May 31, 2006

Posted February 25, 2006
My daughter attends Riley and thoroughly enjoys school. She is performing very well, but I see things I'm not happy with that I doubt will ever change. The reason for this is the principal Mr. Enos. One example is that the children are forced to sit quietly, no talking, and watch a movie for recess if they can't go outside. Which you can imagine in the winter happens a lot! The children need some socialization during the long school day. This is definitely something I'm going to try to change. There are some other issues as well, but overall, I think she's getting a good education. hope this helps.

Riley Avenue School
374 Riley Ave, Calverton, NY  11933
Last modified Riley Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riley Avenue School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top