Carmel, NY

Posted March 05, 2014
I am the parent of a middle schooler here at St James, my daughter has been very pleased with the education this school has given her. The teachers there are very understanding and everyone knows each other due to the small class sizes. Although these classes are hard and might not be the average standards for middle school, the teachers prepare the kids very well for high school. Over all it's a hard school but it's defiantly one where many memories are made, along with a good education.

Posted September 25, 2013
My two daughters attend this school and I could not be more pleased with their academic achievement. As a teacher in a nearby district, I am only looking for the best quality education for my children. Saint James the Apostle goes above and beyond across the curriculum, with knowledgeable and friendly faculty.

Posted August 20, 2013
My child started Kindergarten last year and by the end of the year was reading at a 1st grade level. In addition, my child is doing 2nd grade math. Excellent school!

St James The Apostle School 1

Posted July 28, 2009

Posted April 14, 2008
My two oldest children have graduated from St. James and my other three are still attending. I am very satisfied with the academics that are taught at the school. The teachers, from grades pre-k - 8th, all put their heart and soul into their teaching. They care so much about every student learning. They are very open and approachable from the parent or the student. The faculty also volunteers to plan and run after-school events during the year. I also cannot say enough about the Christian values that are taught to the children. As in any school, there are conflicts that arise between the students, but there is always a faculty member available to help out. The priests also teach Religion lessons and have been available when my children needed to speak to them. I would recommend St. James to anyone and believe it is a top notch school.

St James The Apostle School 3

Posted April 25, 2006
St. James offered a good wholesome religious environment for our child. Academically, I would say there is need there. My son was within the kindergarten class and since there is no limit on enrollment he was within a class of 37 students and 2 teachers. He was not able to get the additional help that he needed and it was up to the parents to reinforce what was learned in the class at home. From a religious aspect, that was invaluable. He learned more about his religion and was anxious to learn more about it in school than he was at home. The higher grades are better rated scholastically than the kindergarten and appear to be on the same academic level as the public schools but your not going to get the amenities a public school has to offer. I have no regrets, but I can't afford the private education anymore.

St James The Apostle School 3

Posted July 31, 2005

Posted September 18, 2003

Posted August 26, 2003
I am not a parent but a present student. This would be my ninth year in this school and from information gathered about other schools, I believe this is one of the best available in the area. Most of the teachers I have grown to love and respect, and with the small classes, the teachers are able to form bonds with the students. Yet nothing is ever perfect. As much as I would love to say this school is the best EVER, it isn't. I know myself there is not much any one can do, but the older grades do not have lockers and instead recieve small shelves where their things are open for the taking. They have no sports teams, clubs and there is not much students are allowed to do at recess. As a former part of the student government I know it's given a substantial effort but could be worked on a little harder. When I was younger I wasn't sure I would be able to endure this school for much longer but over the years it has grown on me. My fellow students and teachers have become my second family, and the school, a second home. So overall I am very glad I have had the privilege to attend and soon graduate St. James the Apostle School.

Posted August 10, 2003
The teachers at St James are of the highest calibre. However, I have found that if your child is bright or gifted, they will receive the utmost of attention, encouragement, support and care. If your child has trouble in one or more than one area they can fall between the cracks. They are not given the additional attention they need and are better off in the public school system in this school district where there are special programs that meet their needs and help the student to reach their full potential.

St James The Apostle School
12 Gleneida Avenue, Carmel, NY  10512
Last modified St James The Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St James The Apostle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top