Carthage, NY
Students enrolled: 1,015

Carthage Middle School 5

Posted December 03, 2013
this school is amazing. you have no idea how many good oppertunities, privilages, and fundraisers they have compared to others. they have dozens of sports even swimming. were else can you get onn a swim team in 7th grade? their science programs and teachers are fun and intelligent while art and music programs never fail to amaze me. As a former student I never realized how amazing it was until I was gone.

Carthage Middle School 2

Posted June 03, 2013
This school is horrid! The assistant principal dresses like high class call girl, is hard-headed, and oblivious to the parents. She will smile her fake smile and without a listening ear do what's best for her staff. Majority of the students are military and without us, she'd be a clerk at the local 7-eleven.

Carthage Middle School 2

Posted January 14, 2011
Though most of the teachers are nice, the principal is extremely hard to work with. She manipulates every conversation to have the parent agree with her point of view and does little or nothing to help. She also overall seem to believe that most children are bad people. My fifth grader was very confused to have 9 different periods, and 8 different teachers with the schedule changing daily. At the beginning of the year he was very confused about his homework. When I asked the principal to ask her teachers to give us a syllabus, she refused and said that my child is probably not confused but hiding the homework from me. My son is very honest and hard working and would never do that, he was simply not used to the High School set up in fifth grade. On other occasions when I have asked the principal for help, she has either refused or manipulated me into saying that I don't need her help after all. Also there are not any enrichment activities for gifted children. If you want your kids to learn the basics, the school is OK, but if you want children to excel you will be very disappointed because all curriculum is geared toward passing the state test.

Posted May 25, 2010
I have to agree with the post about confusing. There never really is information that is sent home. My son is unilaterally deaf and has a hard time hearing the intercom when there is a lot of noise around him, but they only give info in announcements at the end of the day and the kids are expected to know everything from that, bring it home, and go from there. I never know what is going on there. There is no PTO to speak of. A friend and I tried to help get it going and were completely ignored. The education is top notch from where we have been. He is in all excellerated classes and absolutely loves all of his teachers. I have never been able to say that before at other schools. The principle is supportive, but not equip to deal with any sort of problem, concern, or complaint.

Carthage Middle School 1

Posted June 05, 2009

Posted April 10, 2006
- a former student
Good quality education. Supportive administration, Teaching staff is very concerned about well being of the students.

Posted November 10, 2005
My child is in 8th grade (8B). Most of the teachers do a wonderful job at emailing me if my son is falling behind before it's to late for him to get caught up. They really care about the students. They also answer my emails in a timely fashion. I also think the K12 planet website is a great website to view the progress of my child's grades and homework assignments. I am very pleased with this school in this aspect.

Carthage Middle School
21986 Cole Road, Carthage, NY  13619
Last modified Carthage Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carthage Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top