Carthage, NY

Posted October 18, 2013
Augustinian Academy is such a wonderful school! My children are so happy and confident there. The staff knows all the children by name! I feel very safe leaving them there for the day. I am particularly pleased with the middle school (5th-8th) grade program. The kids switch classes and have sports programs, but in a smaller, safer environment. Respect and kindness are definitely important in this school. I would highly recommend taking a tour of this school before making any decisions for your child's education.

Posted October 18, 2013
My children attended CAA for 2 years during our time stationed at Fort Drum, NY. The teachers are excellent with advanced teaching degrees and the latest techniques our children excelled; we experienced 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th grades during our time enrolled at the school. All the staff is enthusiastic about learning; from the P.E. teacher to the Cafeteria Staff a family couldn't ask for better people. Education isn't just textbooks; CAA takes learning to the community with walking field trips, extra curricular activities like band, chorus and parades. Despite the small detail that we are not Catholic my two boys still loved school, loved that they learned about God in school, loved the close friendships they formed and loved their work. My children still beg to move back to NY so they can return to Sister Annunciata's school.

Posted June 10, 2013
From the moment my child started attending the Augustinian Academy I have been nothing but happy. Your child will not fall in the cracks here and most of the facility know every single child's name. Along with a amazing parent teacher involvement I would say its the best school in the area.

Posted September 27, 2012
My daughter attended Augustinian Academy for kindergarten. We had a wonderful experience at the school. Academically, my daughter was well prepared to enter first grade at a rigorous school in another state. We are a military family and the school was very welcoming and made an effort to accommodate the special needs of military families. Augustinian has a nurturing environment - e.g., when my daughter's bus was extremely late one day, I called the front office. Even though it was almost 5pm, there was still someone available to answer the phone. She gave me the number to the transportation department and then called back a little later to make sure my daughter made it home safely. The principal is highly visible and involved which also adds to the school's atmosphere. We cannot say enough about Augustinian!

Augustinian Academy 4

Posted May 21, 2007

Posted November 15, 2005
- a former student
At Augustinian Academy, the staff nurtures children in the direction of outstanding academic achievements, and an individual level of exceptional citizenship with base values that cannot achieved in larger schools. Each child is given the guidance they need, with individual assistance in areas that a child may need help, while the overall classroom not loosing any ground. The academic programs not only meet the states criteria usually surpasses the quality required. Each student has the opportunity to participate academic programs, such as music and art, which taps into each child s individual talent which challenges them to higher levels. Most academic settings parents are only involved during the normal parent teacher conference sessions. At Augustinian Academy, parents are encouraged and welcomed to be involved in all aspects of their child s education and activities. The concept of family participation provides each child with the spiritual, emotional, moral and academic support they need.

Posted June 24, 2005
My children are all currently attending the academy. The school is an amazing place for them to learn. It is a small school with only one class per grade and all the teacher's are excellent. Everyone knows everyone by name. My family is military so we are enjoying this wonderful place while we can.

Posted August 25, 2003
This school is exceptional. The class sizes are small, the children get individualized attention. Most children perform above grade level. The discipline is more that of loving guidance. The music program has been top rate and the creativity among the children is superb. Religious education is wonderful and shows great flexibility with the age of the child. The best aspect of the school has been the parental involvement and the true caring that parents and teachers have towards each family. We all consider ourselves a family here.

Augustinian Academy