Cedarhurst, NY

5 School 3

Posted November 17, 2013
Teachers are nice but the staff in main office is never helpful if you call about any concern about your child or any other matter . Most of the time they don't even answer your questions nicely. Every school have some rules and regulations I understand and respect but if someone call about something don't tell them you can't do that or you are not suppose to do that , tell them you can't do this but this is what I can do instead. For example you need to talk to the teacher and it's urgent and you called at the office they will say I can't do this the teacher is in class ok I understand but they can say right now teacher is in class but I'll give your message and teacher will call you back. Even sometimes you leave the message no one give the message to teacher .These are the issues that this school really need to take care of.

5 School 2

Posted May 06, 2012
This school is old and in serious need of a facelift. There is no formal technology program. The curriculum, in my opinion, is just meeting the simple basic requirement in each subject and the kids are not pushed. There is no program in place for enrichment , gifted and talented, etc. in fact, it seems like this school lowers the standards just to make sure kids pass the minimum requirements. The district school board is run by decision makeshift who live in the area, are zoned for the district, but opt to put their kid sin private school. However, they are responsible for making decisions for this district that are not in the interest of the families that attend this district. Needless-to-say, I had to remove my childrren from the district (#4 & #5 school) after only being there for 5-6 weeks. The teachers we had were great, but the district direction prohibits them from doing what they really need and want to do. #5 changed principals several times over the past few years. John. Nvc

Posted January 12, 2011
My son did 1st grade and now is currently on 2nd grade and all I can say is that this school is great, and the staff is terrific. I really love this school.

Posted September 16, 2009
Great School with a great staff and most of all a GREAT Principal!!

Posted December 02, 2008
I have three kids and they are all successful now. Good teachers and environment ~

Posted April 01, 2005
- a former student

5 School
305 Cedarhurst Avenue, Cedarhurst, NY  11516
Last modified 5 School is a Public school that serves grades 1-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
5 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top