Center Moriches, NY

Posted November 20, 2014
I have a child in the Pre-K and one in the elementary grades as well. This school has so much to offer in comparison to the other local Catholic schools. Full cafeteria and also a gym- all connected in one building. The teachers are wonderful and my children love going to school there.

Posted May 29, 2013
Outstanding environment for children to learn. Sports programs, computers and wireless, lunch program, Middle States Accredited and great community feeling. My husband and I feel that this school has provided our child with a fantastic education and "family". We love OLQA!!!

Posted March 10, 2013
I have two children at OLQA and I can not give the school enough praise. We moved my older child from public school to OLQA because we were looking for a smaller school environment that focused on academics and morals. We now have two children attending OLQA. We are so happy we chose OLQA and so are our children. They look forward to going to school everyday! They are learning in a positive calm setting and are focused when doing homework at home. There are many activities and opportunities to get involved in for the students and for the families. The school has "smart boards" in the classrooms, a bright clean cafeteria, a playground and ball field, a big beautiful gym and morning Mass is held weekly at St. John's. The preschool/pre-k is wonderful as well and we have another child starting next year. I can not say enough about OLQA and what a great school it is.

Posted September 16, 2011
I just read a review from a former OLQA student who said they were shut out from the real world, had a hard time adjusting to public school and "real life" and got away with everything at OLQA. I laughed reading that. I went to OLQA from kindergarten to 6th grade, then went to public school. Clearly the person who wrote all of those insane negative things had parents who failed him/her growing up. While in OLQA, I was on numerous community sports teams, dance teams, acting classes, horseback riding classes, etc. The list goes on. Just because your parents kept you in a bubble has nothing to do with the school. That school is the best school you can send a kid to-and they were VERY strict when I went. I had no problem adjusting to public school (other than trying to get used to kids who had no idea what religion they were and had other family issues that I didn't know existed-never experienced that negativity in OLQA). To anyone basing their decision on sending their kids to school here-IGNORE that review I'm talking about. Seriously.

Posted May 22, 2011
There is a dedication to excellence in this school that is unsurpassed -- and this is as it relates to the WHOLE child: school, religion, morals -- all consistently approached with the best possible performance outcomes for the individual student in mind. Sr. Helen is a God-send for the school -- Many positive curriculum changes providing opportunities for great teachers to teach greatly! Recent Middle States Accreditation stands as testament to the quality of the education in this school!

Posted July 13, 2009

Posted June 29, 2009
So many wonderful changes at OLQA with new principal Sister Helen Ann Charlebois! New Technology, new computer room, excellent sports programs, excellent curriculum, student and peer involvement, parent involvement, excellent lunch program, fantastic gym program since Mr. Reynolds arrived two years ago, new teachers--graduation rate 100% after four years, scholarship winners, National Honor Society students, excellent at helping students who are 'in the crack' at public schools--get the help they need here, Open Door policy, Middle States qualifying, and so much more! We have been here going on 5 years after switching from public school and all of our kids went from whiny, 'I can't do this' and 'C' students to honest 'A' and 'B' Honor roll candidates who can't wait to get their homework done! I know my kids will succeed now and can compete in college in whatever college they eventually want to attend.

Our Lady Queen Of Apostles Reg Catholic School 0

Posted March 30, 2009
My husband and I made the choice to send both of our children to OLQA in order to provide them with a catholic education that includes emphasis on being a good person in addition to a smaller academic setting. Althoughpeople have commented that they are 'closed' to the outside world, it is up to the student to become well rounded on their own. How many chidren in 'regular' school choose not to participate in what their school has to offer - many. My children are invloved in sports and dancing in the surrounding communtity. I refuse to allow my children to be in a setting that pacifies the student and does not make the student responsible for their actions - OLQA does not do that.

Our Lady Queen Of Apostles Reg Catholic School 4

Posted February 24, 2009
I started in OLQA in PreK and went straight through to 8th grade. I can honestly say that while i attended this school I was completely shut out from the real world, my world was this school. I enjoyed everyday, the teachers at the time were not the best but overall very caring. When I graduated from OLQA I went to public high school. Let me just say, Culture Shock. I had to start from scratch, making new friends and adjusting to the way a normal school works, as I was used to being able to get away with anything. I wouldn't trade my experience at OLQA for anything, but just remember that it does end, and if you plan on sending your child to public school when it does, you should probably get them involved in community activities so they get to know some children in their neighborhood.

Our Lady Queen Of Apostles Reg Catholic School 1

Posted November 30, 2008

Our Lady Queen Of Apostles Reg Catholic School
2 Saint Johns Place, Center Moriches, NY  11934
Last modified Our Lady Queen Of Apostles Reg Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Queen Of Apostles Reg Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top