Centereach, NY

North Coleman Road School 4

Posted May 14, 2011
The teachers are very good with the students and plan fun field trips and class activities. The PTA can sometimes get a little crazy with what they do sometimes, but I appreciate their enthusiasm.

Posted October 10, 2010
Every teacher and staff member I've met has been great with my son.

Posted October 09, 2010
Because my grandson goes there and he is doing great.

Posted April 14, 2010
As a former student, this school's special education program gave me the help I needed in the formative years of my academic career, a tradition I know continues today.

Posted October 20, 2009
North Coleman is such a wonderful elementary school. the teachers are caring & they do so much with all the children.

Posted August 18, 2009
Wonderful school! The parents are very involved with their children's education and are invited into the school often. We have an incredible PTA that goes above and beyond to enrich their children's elementary school experience. Our new principal is amazing!

North Coleman Road School 1

Posted May 20, 2008
The new Principal is terrible! She is rude to students and to parents. And IS NOT forthcoming. Research the test scores since Mr. Wallace has left. I mean REALLY look into it. Academics (in the District as a whole) are poor. And, they are on a downward spiral. The SAME homework worksheets given in Kindergarten are given to the 1st Graders in this school. While they do put an emphasis on reading there is a definite lack of teaching mathematics and sciences. Special services are not given to students who may be falling behind UNLESS the parent calls and calls and calls. And for Gifted children, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Posted May 04, 2005
My children attend N.C.R and I have onlly good things to say about it. All the teachers and staff that I've been in contact with have done nothing but help my children with any problems they have weather they're emotional, academic, or social. I'm always kept informed of both good and not so good things that are going on with my children and they always work with me in praising or helping my kids in weak areas. Parent involvement seem to be great although I always see the same faces. The kids don't have any after school activities, but there are many activities sponcered by the P.T.A which the teachers and principal seem to be involved in.

North Coleman Road School 1

Posted February 28, 2005
My children attended this school - I was aghast when they came home and asked me what certain curse words were. I asked them where they got them from and was told they were reading it in a book in school. I asked them to bring the book home and was told it wasn't allowed. I got a copy of the book 'MY Brother Sam Is Dead' (5th grade reading) and sure enough there they were. I went to the Board of Education and read them this book. Instead of removing the book they removed my children from class during the reading of this book. I explained that they have a sign in the lunch room no cursing but they are reading it in class... the principals response: The parents use these words... My response: Well, I don't! Parents you need to be INVOLVED with the teaching of your children.

North Coleman Road School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
I have 2 children in this school; 1 in first and 1 in third. I love the school because of the small class sizes and the principal is very in tune with the children. Parents are always welcome and they have a great PTA that provides alot of extras for the children.

197 North Coleman Road, Centereach, NY  11720
Last modified North Coleman Road School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Coleman Road School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top