Bad
Good

My daughter attends 1st Grade at Francis O'Neill and she loves it. I love that the faculty of the school makes every attempt and making the best of what is given to them by the school district. What i don't like is that there are 40 students in my daughter's first grade class. Also, what i don't like is that the school doesn't have a special class for gifted children. We love our daughters teacher and I feel that the Principal should be commended for the quality of her dedication and work she puts into her school and students.

My daughter is attending this school and its a great school but, the only complaint I have is that the classes start at 9:30 am and there is no early drop off. It's very difficult for parents that work, some parents have to be at work by 9 am. 70 percent of the tax we paid on long island is for the school, I dont understand why there is no morning drop off and no after school program. Every year our real estate taxes goes up, becasue of school buget. where does the money goes?

I strongly believe that the curriculum of the school is great. Math practice package is sent home for parents to be able to clarify to the child how to execute their work. The principal, office staff, custodians, and more importantly, the teachers are caring and they have the strong determinations for our children to learn. I applaude them in their job well done.

I have been happy with the school but not with the education in general. Central Islip is not one of the better school districts and it has become more apparent to us the longer our oldest son has been in the public school. The brighter children are hindered by the lower performers.

great school with great teachers ands a caring principal

Last modified Francis J O Neill School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.