Cheektowaga, NY

Posted October 27, 2014
This school is wonderful! I have 3 children, whom have all had different teachers, and I was more than satisfied with the help and attention each one of them have received. I think that parents that complain really need to step back and re-think what they have said. My daughter does not have special needs, however she is in an inclusion class where special needs students are integrated. It is wonderful for her to meet all types of children and it is making her a better person!! Also the clubs that are offered here are wonderful for the kids and I also love the character awards that are given to the kids. It really makes them feel special!! I think the staff is doing a wonderful job!!!!

Posted March 31, 2014
Union East Elementary is disappointing. My daughter is currently in Kindergarten here. The teachers do not have the available resources to properly teach these children. There is no testing system to see which students need extra help or those who may be a bit advanced. Therefore a number of students are suffering and not getting the education they need. The children in her class evidently, from teacher comments and my daughters account, have behavior issues. Guns, death and sex are some of the first things my daughter learned upon starting kindergarten. There is VERY LITTLE parental involvement in this school. The ones who are struggle to keep this school afloat with constant fundraisers. From day one Carrier Coach has been late or early with times varying within 30-40minute windows. The bus driver has changed no less than 10 times since the of the year and we're in March now. Calls to Carrier coach, the school and the district bussing manager have proven unsuccessful. There have been times my 5 year old daughter has had to direct the driver to our home. In short this school is a disappointment and planning and sacrifices should be made to AVOID this school at all costs.

Posted June 06, 2013
horribl horrible staff the they lie th about i and definitely treat kids who might need a little extra help like th and definitely treat kids who might need a little extra help like they are a burden but from what I have seen Buffal is 100 percent better I would give anyth for my kids to go back to Buffal for my kids to go back to Buffalo schools

Posted July 19, 2011
This District is not for children who need extra help, they did not help my children at all!!! You would think being out here and the teachers pay is soo well that i wouldn't have to basically tuter my own child even when he clearly needed professional help, drive them to school when they r being bullied on the bus because no one would help, and fight and i mean fight for my oldest to get into a special school because they wouldn't or couldn't help ( i think wouldn't they get thousands of $$ for "special" kids to be there from the goverment just so they can shove these kids through the cracks) SO IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN WITH "SPECIAL NEEDS DO NOT SEND THEM TO CHEEKTOWAGA CENTRAL!!!!!!!!

Posted October 27, 2009

Posted September 21, 2008

Posted September 05, 2005
My son Michael is now entering his second year at Union East and I think he is getting a top notch education. The teachers and principal are loving and caring for each student. I have other nieces and nephew who are in better school districts (or so they claim) and I believe Michael is getting a better education in a more diverse setting. Cheektowaga is making sure that they learn that everyone is different and that you should be proud of who you are and where you come from. They make sure that each child has a chance to tell in what ways they celebrate holidays. There mucic and art activities are excellent, last year they had a play and a music concert. I believe that the parent involvement could be a little higher, but I blam the parents not the school for that.

Union East Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2004
Cheektowaga schools do not compare favorably to suburban schools and is not a good place to enroll a gifted child. Though I detest the idea of contributing to the movement of able parents from the city to further out in the suburbs, I feel like this school district abandoned my daughter starting in Kindergarten. Cheektowaga schools have to spend thier resources on lower-achieving students and don't have a nuturing environment for students with more academic potential.

Posted August 22, 2003
Myself and both of my daughters attend(ed) Cheektowaga Central. All the teachers are wonderful, the schools are well kept, up to date , and very clean. The quality of education is top notch and the entire learning experience there could not be better.

Union East Elementary School
3550 Union Road, Cheektowaga, NY  14225
Last modified Union East Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union East Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top