Posted June 12, 2014
This school is the worst when it comes to communication and returning phone calls and forget if your child somehow has a possible seizure you wouldn't be notified and i talked with another parent this happened to. Forget about equality and treating students as if they have a voice. Also don't plan on having any broken windows that are not fixed that day or the very next as this school is known for dialing CPS for every small reason you could imagine. Lets also mention certain workers are favored and monopolize most school activities so that their children can win everything. This school in small minded and feels it is superior to it's parents and has quite the reputation for misconduct. They claim that they are there for the children .... If that's the case you treat them fairly and realize they are equals as well. This school in my opinion and some parents i know is by far the worst when it comes to being professional.

Cherry Valley Springfield Central School 3

Posted February 11, 2014
CVS-CS was great for elementary school. Once I was in middle school and high school though, a lot changed. I was 14 years old and in gym class with 18 year old guys, and many found this inappropriate (dodgeball was nearly dangerous, and I would choose not to participate). In addition, the school is very sports-focused. This is kind of silly, considering that most graduates do not even receive sports scholarships for college (or are even able to make the college teams). During the academic day, there have been a few dangerous incidents, a few fist-fights, etc., but nothing too out of the norm for a public high school. If a student is not self-motivated to learn, it will be very difficult to find educational inspiration. Gifted students will eventually become bored. This school does a good job of creating meaningful relationships, however, even if the number of those relationships are small. The guidance counselor is fantastic but I'm not sure if he still works there. Some teachers are very open about their personal lives, which may be good or not, depending on how informal/formal one wants their education to be. I give the school 3 stars because it is pretty average.

Cherry Valley Springfield Central School 4

Posted January 06, 2014
In the last five years the school has put a lot of effort into improving and it really shows. In my time there, I saw as teachers, facilities, and staff all greatly improved. My rating would have probably only been three stars if it wasn't for the excellent guidance, and a couple of really outstanding teachers that help you feel at home.

Cherry Valley Springfield Central School 4

Posted December 17, 2013
This school has rebuilt as a structure, developed improved many of its personnel within the last 3 years. They have made & a huge improvement, in my mind. All it's students graduated the last 2 years in a row. Most personal of today are personally devoted and have the heart & motivation in right place. More improvement is always in place. Hopefully with right parent involvement, as well as push for better support from government - this will continue to be a great peaceful place to start out, & build for a future. I would give it 5 stars for all positive changes, but reserve myself to 4 since, as said - there is room for more improvements. My teenager, (previous high school student in cherry Valley), is successfully off to college by now & is competing well with other students, both from USA & international countries. He & his friends, (who all are off to different higher education), still talks about their special teachers with huge respect & gratitude, and of course, the famous guidance personal, especially - Mr. Hage. Visit & give them a try! This area is beautiful & friendly, a great place to start a family. My best to you.

Posted November 11, 2013
This is my son's 3rd year at CV-S, and by far the worst. I have made many phone calls and left numerous messages in regards to my son and bullying and not one phone call in return. His first year was fine, he had an older teacher who was old school. Didn't have a problem. Last year he had a brand new teacher (teacher's first year teaching) and they promised to have someone come from high school to help my son with his organization, which lasted apparently two days when the high schooler never showed back up. I wasn't informed until the end if year Parent Teacher Conference. They do NOT like the parents to get invovled or know what is going on. My son would come home every day complaining of what the kids would say to him and when I brought it to Ms. Crisman's attention she brushed it off as the childhood game "yo mama" jokes. Now this year I can;t get one teacher (he is "middle school" 6th grade now) to return my call in regards to either he school work or the fact he is being bullied. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE.

Posted July 24, 2012
Teachers don't get along and argue in front of students.Lots of tension between Administration and staff who talk about each other in front of students.We pulled our kids out.

Posted April 12, 2012
The quality of education at CV-S has gone down considerably over the years. The discipline is non-existent, teachers are bullied by other teachers and the administration, the teacher's union has been called an "anomaly" because they are so powerful. The student's test scores are lower than all other schools in the area. The reading program used to be good, but they have screwed it up in the last couple of years so now it stinks, along with the elementary math program. The 6th grade has been moved out of the elementary and they have created a "middle school", but in name only. The experience was horrendous for this year's 6th graders - only allowed to watch, but not participate, in middle school activities, and not allowed to participate in elementary activities anymore, either. They have also messed up the 6th grade Safety Patrol program by taking it away from someone with years of experience and forcing it upon 2 people who are inexperienced and don't want to be doing it. The administration does not support special ed. students -check out how many law suits have been filed recently! We are pulling out children out and sending them elsewhere next year! Had enough!!!

Cherry Valley Springfield Central School 2

Posted September 11, 2009
I graduated in 2009 from CV-S. I hated it. I was an incredibly active member of everything. From various aspects of sports to the clubs to the music department to the academics. By the middle of my senior year I stopped doing things because it just didn't matter. The students who were there because they had to made it a terrible experience. I was a good student but the only class that prepared me somewhat was AP English, which was a joke to some students. The administration (which has now changed) let the students do whatever they want without any real discipline. There is AP Art, AP Bio (another joke), and AP English. You can also take College US 1&2, Western Civ 1&2, Intro to Sociology and Intro to Psychology for college credit which is a plus. The extracurricular activities are great but not enough to make it worthwhile.

Cherry Valley Springfield Central School 2

Posted February 07, 2007
The extracurricular activities are great. Then it stops. There are very few teachers who care. There is a very poor discipline system. I pulled my 9th grader from school and I am homeschooling him. He is now acheiving his goals. I am very disappointed in Cherry Valley-Springfield high school. Elementary is great.

Cherry Valley Springfield Central School
597 County Hwy 54, Cherry Valley, NY  13320
Last modified Cherry Valley Springfield Central School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherry Valley Springfield Central School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top