Clifton Park, NY

Posted July 18, 2014
Excellent teachers and a great size for an elementary school. My 3 kids went here and received well rounded, personalized educations.

Posted October 20, 2013
Both of my children are just beginning school (kindergarten and first grade), so I don't have a lot of experience comparing schools, however I feel that Okte is a wonderful beginning to my kids' education. The teachers seem to provide a thorough education, while working together to ensure that all kids, regardless of their skill level, are able to thrive. Our Principal is always available for her students and is always involved in school events, showing that leadership isn't just a role which elevates her above everyone else. Our PTA is active and works hard to help make Okte a fun place while encouraging reading, math, and other necessary skills. In general, Okte is a 'family' which supports and encourages it's children to be the best they can.

Posted October 09, 2010
Great programs, caring teachers and staff, great use of resources

Posted April 26, 2010
it's smaller and feels like a neighborhood school. the teachers know all the kids and there's a wonderful caring vibe. both my children had IEPs and the staff at this staff were so amazing at helping them succeed!

Okte Elementary School 0

Posted April 17, 2010
My son went there. It is like one of the old time school houses. The techers know all the kids and really care for them.

Posted April 16, 2010
Because it's not on the Shen main campus, Okte has more of a neighborhood school feel to it. And the Okte community is great.

Okte Elementary School 4

Posted October 31, 2008
Okte is a very good school. One thing I like is that it is more of a neighborhood school, and it's located off the huge Shen Campus. I like the focus on academics, and I would have to say that my child is doing much better than I ever imagined. However, it doesn't seem to be a very warm or nuturing place, but the kids are getting a good education. I guess no school is completely perfect.

Okte Elementary School 0

Posted October 30, 2008
I completely understand enforcing proper case usage. However, when taking a test, although a child spells the word correctly, it is unfathomable that the entire word will be marked incorrect if the word is spelled with the wrong case. Can't we give the students a little bit more confidence by giving them partial credit for spelling the word correctly? I thought building confidence and nurturing students was an important moral code of the school. Additionally, there are some teachers who are obviously 'tired' and should consider retirement, especially when the demeanor is negative and is easily read by not only the students, but parent volunteers as well. I believe that if a child's and teacher's personalities does not mesh, it is much more harmful to the student to be forced to stay in that class than to transfer the child to another teacher.

Okte Elementary School 1

Posted October 29, 2008
This is a school focused on bringing all children to a mediocre level and passing the tests. If one's kid is average, he/she will sail through. If one's kid ahead of the curve, he/she is kept back till everybody catches up. There is relatively little concern about little acts of aggression. I would avoid the school if I could.

Okte Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2008
First grade teacher, Mrs. Willams is worth moving to Clifton Park and having your children attend this school. I am in awe!

Okte Elementary School
1581 Crescent Road, Clifton Park, NY  12065
Last modified Okte Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Okte Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top