Posted December 01, 2011
I have had two children go through Orenda. The new principal is fantastic, and the teachers have been wonderful. They are quick to get through issues and have been great with communication. I hope that the rest of our school experiences will be as great as they have been with Orenda.

Posted April 25, 2011
I'm very happy with the teachers' and principal's commitment to helping our children at every level. I've also found the PTA to be probably one of the most committed group of parents I've ever encountered and the proof is in the programs they sponsor and support.

Posted September 23, 2010
Wonderful Principal, caring teachers.

Orenda Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The school has a strong community support system with a great staff!

Orenda Elementary School 2

Posted January 30, 2009

Posted June 21, 2008
If you child is lucky enough to get a great teacher, you will have an awesome experience here. My second grader did so well; I can honestly say the teacher (who was voted teacher of the year, by the way) changed my child's life and perception of school. It is true that some of the teachers are young and very inexperienced. They would benefit from a pep talk and additional training. Oh, and if your child has any special needs, be prepared to fight fight fight as their advocate. The administration really needs to work on how the psychologists and teachers handle special needs kids. Other than that, the school is the greatest ever!!!! It's really like a family here!

Posted February 07, 2008
The older teachers are now retiring and the newer teachers are creative, warm, and actually care about teaching the students. The principal has created a warm and caring atmosphere. We were recently redistricted to a new school in the district and MANY parents and students miss Orenda deeply!

Orenda Elementary School 3

Posted January 13, 2007
Many experienced teachers have left recently, with new inexperienced ones taking their place. Large differences in educational quality between grade levels and classes within a grade.

Orenda Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2006
The academic standards are very good, but there is little flexibility for children who need extra help. I have noticed a greater interest in standardized tests scores than in the individual child's learning.

Posted August 05, 2005
I think the positive atomosphere and nurturing staff of this school add to the overall education my child receives here. It is a great start for her academic success, as well as a springboard for her self esteem.

Orenda Elementary School
970 Rt 146, Clifton Park, NY  12065
Last modified Orenda Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orenda Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top