PK-5|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Most of the people who work at the school seem to have a sincere interest and love of children. We have noticed that the children talk a lot about their teachers, the director and receptionist. We find it easy to talk to them when we have questions There are a few who seem to always be creating drama of some sort and make it difficult for those who wish to stay focused on the good of the children and the school. We hear there are changes happening and we are anxious to see some good come of it. We believe in Mother Teresa Academy and it's mission and support them during this time of change. By the way, met the new Principal today and really liked him. He was engaging and seemed to really have a good sense of what is needed to be done.
May 17, 2012

Bad
Good

My child is in Mrs. Gaston's classroom. We are unbelievably pleased at the world of knowledge this has opened for him. He is so happy to go to school everyday. She and Miss Stephanie have been so good for him and his learning. We are excited for him to go to preschool and Kindergarten the next year. The learning here is top notch and by far exceeds any public school education he could get elsewhere. We are also very impressed with the current principal Mrs. Grandusky. She is exceptional in her professional manner, attention to questions, and forthright honesty in how things are going. We are so happy with Mother Teresa Academy and cannot wait to come back next year.

My husband and I could not be happier with the school. Our 4 year old has improved so much academically and socially this year.

Mrs. Jayko is my son's teacher. We are so impressed with what she has done to make him learn and be happy to go to school daily. We cannot say enough about Mrs. Jayko to convey our strong feelings of appreciation for her devotion to our son and his classmates. We would also like to mention that the current administrator Mrs. Grandusky has done an exceptional job of keeping us informed of weekly events and responding to our questions. I feel that the school is taking a turn for the better with Mrs. Grandusky's leadership and organization. Thank you Mta

MTA has a very caring staff. They put the children first. Don't let the previous comment deter you from enrolling your child. The new building will be a wonderful change! The teachers and staff are excited to start the year and are looking forward to seeing the kids!

Lack of organization and people are not as nice as you would think! Be careful and think before you enroll your child in this school. better choice would be for you to enroll your child in a school that has approval from the diocese

Please do your research before making decisions and speak to community members. MTA was a huge disappointment. The children were not the priority. It was disorganized and there was major discord between the teachers and the administration. The teachers were treated and paid poorly and there was recently a mass exodus of teachers and families. There are plenty of options in the Clifton Park area. Please do not choose this school for it's religious affiliation. The way the administration behaves is the ultimate hypocrisy.

Mother Teresa Academy is a great school. The teachers are fantastic and the children are getting a great education here . I love that the director is very involved in all the special activities and gets to know all of the students. You really feel like you are part of a family at MTA,

This school is an excellent value for your money if you have a child in the older grades (1-3). The teachers are good and the student teacher ratio is very low. The Nursery and Pre-K program are really overly structured for those age groups, however.

I have been working at MTA for a year. It has been one of nicest places I've worked at. The teachers and staff really care about the children. They not only nurture their education, they also teach them values and character. I love coming to work and seeing all the smiling faces!!

Both my children attends MTA. It is the fourth year for my older child and second year for his younger brother. We are very pleased with the school and the teachers in particular. I have also found all the parents I've meet to be friendly and highly value their children education experience. The principal is great. He does send out one too many emails, though :) Can't say that there's not enough communication.

Last modified Mother Teresa Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5