Clinton, NY

Posted June 13, 2014
My daughter is in the 7th grade and has attended Clinton Central Schools since 1st grade. The school system was the reason we moved to this town and we could not be more satisfied with the top notch education she is receiving. I have been very happy with each and every teacher that she has had. I must disagree with the previous two reviews from the "newcomers" I moved here from out of state and have always felt welcomed by the school and the community. I would recommend this community and school system to anyone looking to raise a family.

Clinton Middle School 1

Posted February 27, 2012
I agree with the other newcomer. This community and the school is very cliquey and does not welcome anyone from the outside. There is a lot of parental involvement in the school but if you are not in the inner social circle forget about trying to volunteer. You will be ignored and shunned. It is a struggle to get any help for children with learning issues as the school actually gives wrong information to dissuade parents from seeking help. There are lots of problems with bullying that have not been addressed for years because it has been perpetuated by the sports stars who are treated like gods. Very small minded district. The district seems to want to cut any creative programming that remains. Some nice teachers but they all seem very stressed out and afraid to speak their minds. It is the factory model of schooling. Very disappointed.

Clinton Middle School 1

Posted February 14, 2012
I am truely disapointed in this school system, they have let my child fall between the cracks. If you have a child with a learning disability, emotional disability, or physical disability they will not be the school I would recommend at ALL. They have very limited resources, counselors and guidance help. They are unaccomidating in all aspects from student to parents. We were told to move here because of the 'exceptional' school district and welcoming town folks, we have been shuned by teachers, nieghbors and the community for being newcomers. Dont let the other reviews fool you, this community and school system is NOT all it's 'made' up to be. I am pulling my children out of the school system and putting them into private schools locally.

Posted May 25, 2010
CCS is a great school! The students, teachers, principal are all wonderful. What I don't like about the school is seeing some of the kids smoke cigarettes on campus. You see the HS student's do this openly. Some of the MS students are also smoking and offering the younger kids cigarettes too. My child has been offered a smoke more than twice and many of the MS and HS students dip tobacco. But other than the small number of students smoking, dipping and offering, CCS is a great school. The kids are not mean to new comers. Clinton is a wonderful community to be a part of. I love that I found a place where my child can play safely outside and enjoy his childhood. This is a great place to raise kids and the great small school is just icing on the cake.l love Clinton and CCS. We are fortunate...

Clinton Middle School 3

Posted February 07, 2009

Posted June 21, 2008
I have a really great time in Clinton. I've learned so much not just education but life lessons. All the teachers are great and you can go to them at any time with no problem. I really recommend this school.

Posted March 22, 2008

Posted February 23, 2004
I have a child in 8th grade. She has been in the Clinton schools since 4th grade. Clinton offers so much to the students. The teachers are wonderful and the parents and community are involved. I chose to live in Clinton because of the schools. I am not disappointed.

Clinton Middle School
75 Chenango Avenue, Clinton, NY  13323
Last modified Clinton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clinton Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top