Cohoes, NY

Posted February 28, 2013
I loved this school, I wish I could go back. Most of the students were respectful. Of course you will have that few who disrupt class, but very limited here. Teachers will take their time with you if needed. Everyone I knew loved it at Cohoes High School.

Posted July 31, 2010
Cohoes School district has been wonderful for both of my daughters. The principals, teachers and staff are all very approachable with even the most minor concerns a parent may have.

Posted June 22, 2010
I have loved having my daughter go to this school. Cohoes gets a bum rap but it has excellent schools!!

Posted September 16, 2009
Excellent teachers and staff...top notch music program, Marching Band best in the area

Posted October 25, 2006
I thought that Cohoes High (as well as the entire school district) prepared me very well for NYU. I'm extremely happy with my education and wouldn't of changed a thing, the environment is friendly and fantastic. Teachers are fabulous and people should definitely check out the Science Research department, it is great!

Posted April 28, 2005
I graduated from CHS well prepared for RPI. The math teacher was one of the best in the state. Other teachers were very good to outstanding. Principal ran a tight ship, but was very accessible. Academic programs were excellent for a school of that size - other schools do better but they have a larger population and can support it better. Outstanding sports program. Again, for a relatively small school, extracurricular activities were plentiful and well-run. I was in the chorus, newspaper and yearbook. Parent involvement is probably the same as for any other high school - keep in mind that high schoolers may not want their parents involved! Active PTA. I recommend CHS highly. They are a small school in a small town with a limited budget, but they do well with what they have.

Posted August 30, 2004
I would rank the staff and teachers found at Cohoes High among the best. The teachers provide great insight on their particular subject and give untold amounts of support in the way of extra help so that the students understand the material fully. The staff works together to maximize the benefits for the students and make the school a pleasent place to learn.

Cohoes High School 2

Posted September 09, 2003
I think there is a lack of safety and discipline. I feel the principal should do more much more than is being done. The school is lacking a lot and much is needed to help the kids. Plus there [are] no busses which I think would help in safety. We pay a lot of taxes but still no busses.

Cohoes High School
1 Tiger Way, Cohoes, NY  12047
Last modified Cohoes High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cohoes High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top