Cohoes Middle School 3

Posted March 06, 2012
The school is nice, we go lots of local trips and once in a while a farther trip. I give my school a 3 because well reality is we don't do a lot. There is a student exhibition on March 15 but that's it zero events after that of I know of. We have dances too but not often. Lastly, Ny state test here I come. I usually score an almost 4 to a 4 and above. -Jalen Torres, Cohoes Middle School student

Cohoes Middle School 4

Posted September 19, 2006
Cohoes Middle School has adopted the Be Safe, Be Respectful and Be Responsible policy. At last nights open house, the policy was in full force. Seeing the principal excited about this helps to enforce it. The 6th grade teachers were wonderful also. The school is undergoing some physical changes as well. Newly painted walls, better organized rooms and a different type of schedule this year. The school offers many extra activities for the students from after school homework clubs to plays to sports. We are looking forward to a great year.

Cohoes Middle School 4

Posted June 05, 2006
The academics have become much stonger in recent years.I think this has alot to do with the younger teachers and principals being implemented.The music/arts program has always been strong in Cohoes,your child will fall in love with this program.Sports programs in my opinion are down a bit,the talent is there but the athletic dept. doesn't hire well in the coaching dept.The parent involvment is limeted,with the exception of basketball the parent involvment really drops off,even in the the academic area the same 20-30 parents always seem to be around the school to support ther children.

Cohoes Middle School 3

Posted November 06, 2005
Great learning and teaching.

Posted May 29, 2005
There are many options for students and most of the teachers are quite committed to student success.

Cohoes Middle School 2

Posted March 14, 2005
Although the teaching model for this school, that is the core subject teachers teach as a unit is wonderful, the school has its issues. Character Education is lacking. Children often bully other children and although the administrators will listen to parents concerns quickly, any action to stop this is lacking. They tell you to seek assistance outside ie. court system instead of dealing with the problem within the school.

Posted May 28, 2004
I agree, Cohoes has come a long way. The teachers do care about the kids, and the way they are taught. If we asked to see a teacher, that teacher made him/herself available at almost any time. There are many activities for children to be involved in, alll kinds of sports, 3 types of bands, tech programs, after school academic support by the teachers, and much much more. Keep it up Cohoes!

Posted May 27, 2004
My experience with Cohoes Middle School was a very positive one. I found the teachers to be extremely supportive, nurturing and enthusiastic and the principal to be one of the best I have ever encountered. I have experience with many Albany County Schools and in my opinion, Joe Dragone and Cliff Bird (Abram Lansing) are two of the best ever!

Posted August 21, 2003
cohoes has come a long way, our child today are more active in sport and in learning. the teacher are caring and are truely concerned with each child. keep up the good work cohoes..

Cohoes Middle School
7 Bevan Street, Cohoes, NY  12047
Last modified Cohoes Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cohoes Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top