Posted June 01, 2010
I am very pleased with the school and the teachers as well. My daughter has been in Van Schaick for the past 5 years and I also went to that school when I was a child. It is a great school and I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 21, 2010
Van Schaick is not just an elementary school, it's family. I moved to Cohoes 10 yrs ago and my eldest child was a marginal student. The teachers at Van Schaick not only helped her educationally, they also helped her feel better about herself. From the principal to the classroom aids, they are all wonderful. They are always looking for new and better ways to teach the children and help them retain what they have learned. The school has always been supportive and take a personal interest in the children's learning. My youngest child now attends Van Schaick and she absolutely loves it. She would rather go to school and learn then stay home sick, or have a snow days. All due to the teacher's/aid's involvement in her learning. Making it fun, but also educational.

Posted April 21, 2010
Great teachers and staff! They are truly invested in children's education and love what they do.

Posted April 21, 2010
I love Van Schaick Grade School ! It is a fantastic environment for teaching and learning. With its small size, it allows for a close knit community feel. This is a place where parents are supportive of the teachers and the teachers work to help educate the 'whole child'. We focus on character as well as academics and celebrate our differences. In my opinion Van Schaick Grade School is the best school in the capital district!!!

Posted April 20, 2010
Excellent school. Small, neighborhood school, dedicated staff, young, vibrant teachers and Principal.

Posted July 24, 2007
As a parent I have found the teachers helpful and always willing to discuss any issues and quick to contact me when problems arise

Posted October 22, 2004
Van Schiack has a long history of putting the students first. The PTA is active, and growing,. The teachers are caring and hard-working, and always looking for ways to catch the student's interests. And it's a large part of the community. When something is going on in the community, you can bet this school is in some way involved, if only by a showing of support (Neighborhood Watch and The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation spring to mind)

Van Schaick Island School
150 Continental Avenue, Cohoes, NY  12047
Last modified Van Schaick Island School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Van Schaick Island School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top