9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted September 25, 2014
The school is not a great fit for all students but that is why you attend all open houses so your child can see & feel the difference for themselves, it is their choice not the parents. I came to our first open house after attending the much praised other high schools which my daughter loved & to be honest I was not expecting much, but I was much more impressed with the staff & presentation of St. Agnes, they did not speak to me but to my daughter & they did not fill you with "Fluff"!! We are in our fifth year & our second daughter just entering freshman year & we couldn't be more Thrilled with the school, staff, education & commute. The teachers & staff all seem to care about your daughter, all of their teaching styles differ, but in a good way & your daughter will learn, excel & grow into a confident young woman!!

Posted August 04, 2014
While it is true that St. Agnes is a small school with few AP courses, above all things St. Agnes is a place where every student has a friend and all students are safe. The teachers are dedicated and the administration is attentive to the concerns of parents and the needs of the students. There are a variety of club offerings and new clubs are always forming. Also, the course offerings are improving. There are many college credit courses offered through St. John's University in each subject. It's not a school for everyone but it is a school for students who want their teachers to know them well and will make time for them, for students who are shy and are better suited to smaller social situations, for students who want quality guidance and assistance with the college application process, and, ultimately, for students who want a quality education free of the politics of the public school system.

St. Agnes Academic School 1

Posted July 04, 2014
It is sad to say, but many believe that it is time for St. Agnes to close. The student enrollment gets lower each year and the course offerings are limited. Since the tuition charged is similar to the larger schools with more offerings, it is not worth the expense.

Posted April 14, 2014
Saint Agnes High School is an unexpected rainbow, full of sunshine in College Point. Faithfully each weekday morning from my third floor classroom, I witness a panoramic view of Manhattan. It is an amazing sight. A sophomore student has been snapping photos of this view since September. She has taken a collection of sunrise images - enough to fill a SoHo gallery, I am sure. I consider her to be the 21st century Claude Monet of Saint Agnes H.S. Instead of a paintbrush, she uses her i-phone to capture the morning sun over Manhattan with its ever-changing light and passing of seasons. In some ways, her photographs represent how I feel about the students who attend St. Agnes HS. Just like I never expected to see Manhattan from a tucked away peninsula in Queens, neither did I anticipate how fortunate I am to be a teacher to such diversified, spirited, creative and genuinely kind young women. I see how they grow each day from the sunlight in the building and how they care not only about learning, but also about each other. I enjoy laughing with them and giving them the tools to be able to communicate in a foreign language. The St. Agnes students have been an enrichment to my life!

St. Agnes Academic School 1

Posted February 23, 2014
school is horrible and boring and small . would not recommend this school. Many girls have been transferring because of sadness throughout this school

Posted January 23, 2014
I have 2 daughters currently attending St Agnes. I can't say enough positive things about our experience. They have great teachers who care and are always willing to help you. All the staff knows each girl by name, so there is a level of personalization that is very nice to have. No one will slip through the cracks. They also have lots of extracurricular sports and clubs so getting involved is easy. Advanced classes and college credit classes are available too. I definitely recommend giving St Agnes a serious look before you make your final high school decision

Posted January 14, 2014
Best kept secret in Queens, I am somewhat hesitant to share because I have another daughter coming up the pike, and don't want it to become too difficult to get her in. Caring and challenging, daughter loves it! Little one can't wait to go, as she sees her older sister thriving and succeeding....traditional and somewhat strict, but that's okay with mom and dad!

Posted January 13, 2014
I just graduated from St. Agnes, and choosing to go there was the best decision I ever made. I felt at home on my second day there, Because the school is small, it has an intimate and familial feel, and I felt comfortable and at ease. No one is just a face in a crowd; the principal and assistant principal know everyone by name. The teachers are amazing at their jobs. They are always available for help, and I learned so much that I'm using now in college! The guidance department has to be the best in any high school, especially with the college application process. They detailed everything step-by-step and made the process much less stressful. St. Agnes has so many interesting clubs and sports and encourages and provides opportunities for volunteering and giving back to the community, and has an affiliation with New York Hospital Queens. There are many opportunities to obtain college credit, with AP and college-level classes through the St. John's College Advantage program, and a 3-year Science Research program through SUNYAlbany. My beloved high school provides an education unlike any other, and nowhere else will you find the feeling of family and support that St. Agnes provides.

Posted August 23, 2011
I am currently attending St. Agnes (2011 school year) and I cannot honestly say that I hate the school. It is also true that I cannot say that im in love with it either. St. Agnes has its positives and negatives like any other school, but i do believe the positives SLIGHLTY out way the negatives. I cannot say everything I think about the school but I do like the small class sizes and TEACHERS WHO ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT YOU!!!! I do not like, however, the lack of college level classes. Currenly, there are only three AP class(one of wheich is art) I am afriad that I am missing out on credits other high school students are receiving at other schools.

Posted July 18, 2011
I attribute all the success my daughter has had in life to the self-confidence gained at St. Agnes. The teachers and excellent principal know each student and encourage each girl to aspire and achieve all that she can. This combinatin of nurturing and high expectations did lead to scholarships at college, but more than that, it created a mature well-educated and well-round young woman. This school is one in a million

St. Agnes Academic School
13-20 124th St, College Point, NY  11356
Last modified St. Agnes Academic School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12