No rating

Holy Family Regional School

Private | PK-8 | 40 students

Living in Commack

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $405,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,060.

Posted March 9, 2014

Great staff and environment. You and your children will be very happy at Holy Family.

Posted January 28, 2014

Our daughter has never been happier. She tells us she is going to send her children to Holy Family.

Posted January 24, 2014

Holy Family is a great school because the teachers are very good teachers. The teachers work very hard to keep the students interested and they make sure the students learn and understand the material. We also found the academics challenging and the environment and interaction between the staff and the students ideal for learning. Holy Family exceeded our expectations as a learning institution. We are very pleased with our decision.

Posted January 3, 2013

My 2 children are part of the Holy Family school and I could not be happier we choose the school. They will challenge your child with advanced work and plenty of homework so the kids learn good habits at a young age. The teachers are very accomodating and the overall atmosphere of the kids in the school is very pleasant. If you are on the fence, ask for a tour and you will see what I am talking about. My kids have simply thrived in this school.

Posted September 11, 2011

I am a parent of a 1st and 3rd grader. This is our 3rd year at the school and we are extremely satisfied with the education our children are receiving. Kudos to the principal, teachers, staff and parents for enabling a happy and safe environment for all the children.

Posted August 11, 2011

My 2 children have been students a HFRS for 5 years and we are thrilled with everything about it. The teachers are top notch, the academics are challenging and most of all my children are very happy there. There is a strong emphasis on writing, public speaking and building self esteem. My younger son started out 5 years ago as a shy, introverted 5 year old and is now a confident, outgoing 10 year old who does well academically. I love that the children have a choice of learning an instrument starting in 3rd grade and play competitive sports with other catholic schools starting in 6th grade. Computer instruction starts in kindergarten and by 6th grade the students are making power point presentations. The enrichment programs that the school provides after school exposes the children to even more. My children enjoy learning, the teachers are the principal are involved and responsive and as a parent you can become very involved in the life of the school if you so choose. I recommend this school highly to anyone who wants their child to learn values in a warm, academically challenging environment. Ican't say enough good things about this wonderful schoo!.

Posted August 10, 2011

This is a great school. One of my children receives special services listed on his IEP. through Holy Family in conjuction with the Commack School District. Holy Family and Commack are very responsive to my child's special needs. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 27, 2011

Great school! Come check it out!!! Wonderful staff and families await you at HFRS. You won't be disappointed. New and exciting things happening all the time including video conference learning center, smart boards and science lab.

Posted May 9, 2011

The name does say it all - HOLY Family. They want Catholic families! If you aren't Catholic, they hope your child will be by the time he or she gets out! The teachers' personal religious views are presented as absolute fact, not as opinion or a belief system.

Posted March 28, 2011

Holy Family s Administration & Teaching staffs are still not diverse like our society. My child went here for a year and it seemed to be great for him but as time went on I began to notice little prejudices towards people of color. I was really appalled that in this day and age this still goes on. Obviously I could afford to send him there, so he should not have been made to feel inferior to the rest of the children. I was greatly disappointed and would highly recommend any parents with a minority child to check the school out thoroughly to see if any changes have been made. What is really going on inside this Holy Family, Commack? Why can t Holy Family Principle or the Catholic Church find qualified minority to be a reflection of our world and the family the Lord created and loves?

Posted February 10, 2011

Too bad you only are allowed in the Family if you fit in their box. Any thing that does not conform to thier image and you are out of the "Family" If you have any special needs ( ADD/AHAD, PDD-NOS or anything else you are are not part of the small community actally all the buddies point you out as the strange one. Where is the sense of belonging??? It is too bad this family does not allow everyone to be a part of the community. If any of you kids have special needs this is not the school that will not be supportive at all.

Posted January 10, 2011

The name of our school says it all. Holy Family is truly like a family. We have a very dedicated principal who attains a goal and then immediately starts working to the next goal for our shcool. She is always walking the school interacting with the children from nursery to our 8th graders. We have excellent teachers that not only teach academics but also nuture our children in spirit & faith. The children have there own small community with their "Buddy" The older children mentor the younger children. The younger children not only have great role models but they quickly gain a sense of belonging. Our computer and science labs are state of the art and many class rooms have smartboards. our library is equipt with laptops for the children to do research with. We have a great Student council, school band, sports program and enrichment program which my children love! If you are undecied on a school come see our "Family" than you will have no doubt where you belong!

Posted May 27, 2009

We are thrilled to be apart of this school. This school has made such a great impact on my kids in such a short time. The teachers are dedicated and so helpful.

Posted January 3, 2008

Extracurricular Activities should get 4 stars because they do not have cheerleading teams or other teams like that.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 28, 2007

Holy Angels is filled with safety-conscious teachers and staff, caring parents and wonderful children. Class sizes are small, which foster greater learning and the children seem well-adjusted and know what is expected of them. A very nurturing, caring and highly academic environment. I know my children are in good hands. Religion, morals values, character and the good of people is general is stressed here. My children have met happy, wonderful friends and I have made new friendships as well. A very good school with a very high academic standard.In light of what's out there today, Holy Angels is top notch.

Posted September 24, 2007

It was a good school that taught what you needed to know. The best part would have to be the friendships.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 2, 2007

As a parent, I must say that the atmosphere of the school environment is great. My daughter had a tough time adjusting from public school to private and everyone was just so accommodating. She is now doing much better emotionally and academically. I am relieved. As the other posts mentioned, some teachers were good while others could show improvement in teaching ability. Most were found to be very knowledgeable and experienced while others exhibited teaching styles that were less than desired (lacked patience or did not present the learning material well-very small percentage). I am impressed at the level of parent involvement. The school is great at addressing the needs and issues that parents have. Quite a few teachers do a great job of making sure your children stay on track academically and socially. Great news! Holy Family now has a sports program (basketball, baseball, softball).

Posted March 2, 2007

I went to school there from kindergarten all the way to eighth grade and i have to say i received a great catholic foundation. Some teachers were amazing some i liked and some were lacking. All in all i think its an alright school (except for the uniforms).
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 20, 2005

Holy Family is a school with dedicated teachers and staff who care about the students they teach. They have a music,art,gym, and computer and library classes. Their gym is a new facility enjoyed by all the students. It is truly a comfortable, loving community of students, parents, and teachers and staff.

Asian 3% N/A
Two or more races 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Constance Jenkins
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Rockville Centre

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2 Indian Head Road