Commack, NY
Students enrolled: 2,465

Posted June 30, 2015
went to Commack Middle School back in the day and loved it. The teachers were fun and energenic when teaching which really made learning fun. If i remember, they are one of the top middle schools on long island. I met all my best friends there and still am very close with them today as well as their families. The great aspect that i remember was our guidance councelors. They can help with any issues we had personally or within school as well. They were more of a friend than just a councelor. For a family who wants their kids to play sports, their athletics are on the way up as well. Continually adding new addition to the facilities every year.

Commack High School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 30, 2015
Commack High School has continually improved as one of th top schools on long island. Not just in education but sports as well. They offer the IB program which not many schols do. This is a program where students are challenged at a higher learning level then students who do not use this program. Many of these classes also are allowed for college credit which can lighten the students schedule first year into college. Teachers are extremely helpful when it comes to students struggling with any material. They are willing to give extra help after class whenever a student asks. The school is also located in a great area. Its a great place overall to raise a family and a gret education for kids.

Posted June 02, 2015
I attended Commack High School and felt very well prepared for college. My college classes actually seemed easier than my high school coursework. Overall there was an great assortment of extra-curricular activities.

Commack High School 4

Posted June 25, 2014
I went to Commack High School all four years and loved it. The staff at the school was great, the facilities were great and made a lot of memories that I still today look back on. The education I received/they offered had to be the best on Long Island. I felt that some classes I did in High School were actually tougher than a lot of my classes in college. The one thing Commack High School was good at was preparing me for college. When I went to college, there were a lot of students that haven t come close to learning all the stuff I learned in high school which gave me a complete advantage. The high schools athletics is great as well. I recently heard they hired a D1 college lacrosse coach for the Men s lacrosse team. The parents are very involved with the sports as well as the community. They also offer drivers Ed now after school which is very convenient for a lot of the students who parents work. The guidance counselors are also very helpful as they know these 4 years are going to help you get into college. They make sure you do your college essay, applications, SAT's and provide all the information needed to get into the college of your choice.

Commack High School 4

Posted June 25, 2014

Posted July 08, 2013
great school, great teachers. volunteer work requirement helps with college apps and also networking and helping the community

Posted May 22, 2012
Commack High School prepares you extremely well for higher education. Between the academic choices and extra-curricular activities there is very little room to be bored.

Commack High School 3

Posted November 26, 2011
Teachers are required to offer extra help only one day a week and it is often on the same day. When my child was a student just a couple of years ago some days you could not even find the teacher in their classroom on extra help day. Inclusion teachers grade special ed student work assignments at a very low standard so the special ed kids really do not reach their potential. I often asked the inclusion teacher to require student revision to written work but they never bothered.

Posted July 05, 2011
Commack High School provides one of the most robust academic curriculums on Long Island. As an International Baccalaureate certified school, it provides a deep and broad range of offerings for its students. My children really benefited from the number of Advanced Placement programs offered across all subjects, allowing them both to receive enough credits to finish Ivy League programs a full year early. Competition and the workload at Commack have been described as intense. The school has made changes to its grading system to alleviate some of the pressures placed on top students.

Posted June 09, 2011
Offers a variety of classes to suit every academic ability as well as diverse options for extracurricular activities to keep students engaged.

Commack High School
1 Scholar Lane, Commack, NY  11725
Last modified Commack High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Commack High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top