Commack, NY
Students enrolled: 2,474

Commack High School 4

Posted June 25, 2014
I went to Commack High School all four years and loved it. The staff at the school was great, the facilities were great and made a lot of memories that I still today look back on. The education I received/they offered had to be the best on Long Island. I felt that some classes I did in High School were actually tougher than a lot of my classes in college. The one thing Commack High School was good at was preparing me for college. When I went to college, there were a lot of students that haven t come close to learning all the stuff I learned in high school which gave me a complete advantage. The high schools athletics is great as well. I recently heard they hired a D1 college lacrosse coach for the Men s lacrosse team. The parents are very involved with the sports as well as the community. They also offer drivers Ed now after school which is very convenient for a lot of the students who parents work. The guidance counselors are also very helpful as they know these 4 years are going to help you get into college. They make sure you do your college essay, applications, SAT's and provide all the information needed to get into the college of your choice.

Commack High School 4

Posted June 25, 2014

Posted July 08, 2013
great school, great teachers. volunteer work requirement helps with college apps and also networking and helping the community

Posted May 22, 2012
Commack High School prepares you extremely well for higher education. Between the academic choices and extra-curricular activities there is very little room to be bored.

Posted November 26, 2011
Teachers are required to offer extra help only one day a week and it is often on the same day. When my child was a student just a couple of years ago some days you could not even find the teacher in their classroom on extra help day. Inclusion teachers grade special ed student work assignments at a very low standard so the special ed kids really do not reach their potential. I often asked the inclusion teacher to require student revision to written work but they never bothered.

Posted July 05, 2011
Commack High School provides one of the most robust academic curriculums on Long Island. As an International Baccalaureate certified school, it provides a deep and broad range of offerings for its students. My children really benefited from the number of Advanced Placement programs offered across all subjects, allowing them both to receive enough credits to finish Ivy League programs a full year early. Competition and the workload at Commack have been described as intense. The school has made changes to its grading system to alleviate some of the pressures placed on top students.

Posted June 09, 2011
Offers a variety of classes to suit every academic ability as well as diverse options for extracurricular activities to keep students engaged.

Posted September 20, 2010
Commack School District, outwardly appears to offer a prestigious program called IB, however, the IB program doesn't meet the needs of all students. Today, because of budget cuts and our economic environment, many programs are cut and pushed into IB. Therefore, there are many round pegs in square holes. It really skips over the average, strong student, who wants more than an average education. Many students are naturally bright and the school recognizes them and fits all their needs. However, there is also a population of good students who leave Commack and go off to college feeling unprepared.

Posted November 18, 2009

Commack High School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
My experience has ben very positive. The majority of the kids are great. Parents are very involved with the students in Commack. The kids are very, very social. The experience I have had has been excellent. Very caring teachers. Also, they are very young. It is a shame with the budget cuts, especially since we pay a lot in taxes. They still have a great school!!!

Commack High School
1 Scholar Lane, Commack, NY  11725
Last modified Commack High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Commack High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top