Commack, NY

North Ridge School 0

Posted December 22, 2008
I moved to this area almost two years ago just for the schools. My experience so far with the schools that my daugters are attending is fantastic. Northridge and Burr are the two schools they are attending.

North Ridge School 4

Posted February 05, 2008
I just moved to the area and this is a wonderful school. The full day kindgarten has my daugther going to gym, computer lab, library, art, music as well as other great activities & projects and my daughter loves it. I do wish there was a little more diversity in the student body but it is a great area and a great school.

Posted September 14, 2007
We are very happy with northridge, the teachers are excellent and they really care about the students attending there.

Posted June 22, 2007

Posted June 01, 2006
Both of my children are attending North Ridge school and we are extremely happy with what they are getting out of their school. There are great projects and there is a tremendous amount of parent involvement. The administration gets very involved if there are any conflicts, which there have been few. I would highly recommend this school to anyone thinking of moving into the area. Incidently this school does have full day kindergarten and my kids loved it. Most of the teachers are great.

Posted February 14, 2006
This is a blue ribbon school district and a highly sought after neighborhood because of the schools. The teachers here are truly dedicated to your child, special services are available should a child requires them. The school houses children from K- 2nd grade only, which I thought was great because it makes the children feel safe and at ease with all the other children relatively all around the same age. First and Second graders are 'book buddies' to Kindergartener's which is great and it helps foster independence and love for reading by the 1st and 2nd graders who feel great that they can read to a younger kid. Also available is a special 'looping' program for K-1st graders. It makes the transition of going to school less traumatic and the K class loops together into the 1st grade with the same children and teacher.

North Ridge School