Coram, NY
Students enrolled: 1,106

Posted June 12, 2015
We moved to Coram in the middle of the year and the transition was smooth. Administration is friendly and helpful. You can tell they care about the children and their school. Parents are involved and friendly in my experience. The teachers that my kids have are amazing and caring. I will have 3 kids going to Coram in September and look forward to a wonderful year.

Posted January 05, 2015
We transferred in from private school to Coram and are 100% pleased with our decision. First of all, the principal is exceptional. He is calm, poised, involved and accessible. Secondly, the teachers are engaged, enthusiastic and involved with each student and his / her progress. Thirdly, there are many parents involved with the PTA and other events. And, most of all, we have not had any issues with bullying or bad behavior. The school teaches, expects and rewards values such as respect and cooperation. My children have really blossomed here. We were concerned our kids would be lost in the crowd moving from a small school to a large school but I can honestly say that everyone from the principal to teachers they've never had to the aides to the front desk know them by name. The curriculum is excellent and they are challenged. Each of them were student of the month and my son who is now in middle school is on the High Honor Roll. There are many events and activities that go on. So many more opportunities than private school. All in all, this is a great school and we are really happy that we transferred in.

Posted January 05, 2015
Great parent involvement and teachers are wonderful. Very happy to have my children as part of this school.

Posted October 30, 2014
Wonder if your private school even appears on the math-a-thon list, Coram elementary does. : -) It's a great school

Coram Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2014
I don't know which was worse, the horror of finding out we were in the Longwood school district or this place. Very low income area with all the problems that go along with it. Very rude woman who sat at the front desk each day, needs an attitude adjustment. Send your kids to private school, we did.

Posted February 15, 2013
Absolutely wonderful school!!! Both of my children attend/ed Coram Elementary. One moved on to the Middle School this year and is an honor student. My youngest doing a wonderful job as well. They are always so motivated to work and do well. Love participating in all of the activities that the school offers. I have had wonderful experiences with all of the teachers. I am absolutely proud to say that my children attend Coram Elementary. Great place!!!

Posted January 12, 2013
The principals, teachers, the PTA and even the BOE work excellently to create and maintain a healthy academic climate for the children to thrive in both academically and socially. As a parent I am well pleased and can only wish that the principal, and teacher report cards this year would accurately reflect the level of excellence that they dedicate to educating our children.

Posted June 23, 2008
this is my son first year in school it has been a great year, his teacher was outstanding and the curriculum was great, he is in kindergarden and loves to read and writes reports about the books, he finish the year learning to add and subtract. esl program is great his teacher was awesome. very pleased with this school.

Posted June 28, 2007
my son just graduated from 4th grade coram elementary with a scholarship award and a great report card and nys testing average the teachers, and pta did a wonderful job

Posted May 15, 2007
I love Coram School and all it's teachers with the exception of the lunch menu and lack of nutritional choices. I understand that this occurs in most schools but, we must start the change somewhere and soon. Hot pockets and French Toast Sticks are not a nutritional lunch and we should be teaching our children better nutritional values. Why can't we have vegetables to dip daily, fresh fruit to snack on, salad choices daily and whole grain wheat breads and wraps. I would think that the parents would be willing to pay a little extra in price for alot extra in nutrition.

Coram Elementary School
61 Mount Sinai Coram Road, Coram, NY  11727
Last modified Coram Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coram Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top