8-12|Private

Bad
Good

The Storm King School is an amazing place and one of the best things to have happened to me. The diversity of the students gives you the opportunity to discover many new things and enrich your high school experience. The food is the best high school food I have ever tasted. From the beautiful views to the wonderful people I think the Storm King School is a marvelous place and opportunity for anyone who attends.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are better than anywhere i have ever been. They are your friends as well as your instructor.

Our daughter has had an amazing experience at Storm King. She loves the campus and it mountain back drops. She feels like the school is truly preparing her for college and really driving home her responsibilities not only to herself but to the school, her school mates, her town and the world. She is thinking so much bigger now and working harder than she ever has in her academics, sports and arts. Thank you Storm King School. Great School!

We are very pleased with the education our son is receiving at Storm King. This is his second year at the school. We live in Manhattan and the school has provided a great alternative to the private day school offering available to us in the city. The students at Storm King keep incredibly busy scheduled. Academic classes take place from 8-3:30, sports or arts until 6PM, family style dinners in the evening and mandatory study hall at night. Our son is playing baseball. He is also auditioning for the Spring musical. Storm King s location is amazing as the campus overlooks the Hudson River. Also, the city is only about an hour away. We are very happy.

Lacking administration-- disipline issues are not handled. Lots of bullying going on. No supervision. Big drug issue. Do not send your kid

Pros: For a small school, a wide range of courses, creative arts classes and sports are offered. There are some dedicated teachers, too. Cons: Weak leadership-administration; Inadequate supervision on and off campus, almost half of student body is from other countries (although this looks good for diversity numbers, students with same backgrounds form cliques-they are not integrated with other kids and are not required to speak English on campus), faculty not supported, discipline is not implemented consistently and is subjective, food is lacking in choice and quality and dorms are dirty and worn. Limited activities, if any, on weekends.

The Storm King School has changed my daughter's life. The faculty is brilliant and caring.This is my daughter's second year at the school. She states, "this school is awesome". She plays soccer, basketball and has performed in the one of the theatre shows. This school is giving my daughter a well rounded academic experience. The teachers and the staff are incredibly warm and supportive! We applied and toured several private schools in and around the New York area. Storm King School hands down!!!

Storm King is consistently inconsistent. Although it is a school for kids who don't seem to fit in anywhere else, it consistently perpetuates stereotypes of students who are different. Teachers are not supported, especially women. I would not want my child to attend this school.

Storm is a remarkable institution. It has changed our lives and the life of our son. It has allowed him to realize academic, social and athletic success that has given him the confidence to approach the world with a perspective that will ensure long term success. It is such a supportive, nurturing, inclusive, diverse yet challenging environment that I can't imagine anyone not achieving their full potential. What makes it so extraordinary is that it does all this within the context of what is really a small Boarding school environment. How it is able to offer our son an advanced class in Chinese where he is the only student and at the same time field a Varsity Soccer team that ranks so highly in New England, shows the dedication and the high quality of its staff and faculty. I will always have a special place in my heart for Storm King and I know our son will forever be thankful for all it has given him.

Storm King School provides a warm and supportive environment. The faculty and teachers are attentive and caring. My son is now a senior and has attended Storm King since the 8th grade. Students are encouraged and challenged to achieve their goals as individuals. I would highly recommend this school!

Last modified The Storm King School is a Private school that serves grades 8-12