Is 61 Leonardo Da Vinci 3

Posted April 06, 2014
As a student that is soon going to high school, I decided to write a review about this school. This is a great school--its just the students that goes to this school is very influential. Walking around the halls, I've seen girls putting up make up--have nothing against that but I really couldn't tell if they were trying to be a clown or not. And yes, students start getting into relationships and kiss in the hallways, outside of schools(alley), its really obnoxious. During my second year, there's a girl that has been pregnant as well. In my opinion, I find it really difficult fitting in. The teachers are really nice and great at teaching. Well, some. My social studies teacher is the first teacher I've ever been comfortable with. The school offers many activities and fun programs. This school also have different academies that is named after famous universities. The reason is because it encourages students to participate in school activities and work hard in school. At the end of each year, we get to do spirit week which is very fun, except for the seniors because of the regents. Overall, I really like this school, I met great friends and had a lot of fun.

Is 61 Leonardo Da Vinci 1

Posted January 07, 2014
Parents, listen do not send your kids to this school unless you want your son to have a girlfriend and make out in an alley or any place where people cant spot them. The girl/boy, he/she loves will later on dump him/her and your child will be depressed like most kids in this school are. MOCK MY WORDS DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!!

Posted October 09, 2013
My daughter is in I.S. 61 Leonardo Da Vinci. and she loves going to this school. It has lots of great programs and friendly teachers.

Posted December 09, 2012
i love my child going to this school and it really helps her alot ,taking clases in this school.

Posted November 08, 2012
.. :D no conflicts, programs that help student get better at what there doing. ;)

Posted January 24, 2012
Good programs. Dedicated teachers. 3 of my children graduated from this school. We never had any issue. The school is well protected. The teachers are friendly , hard working and helpful. They always strive had to give their best, academically, socially and morally. All my children love the school. Long Live I S 61

Posted December 08, 2011
omg this is school is the best hard not eassy but awesome programsd help and anthing you nedd for learning people join your kids here for a better future!!!!

Is 61 Leonardo Da Vinci 4

Posted September 07, 2011
This school is great. Lots of programs, friendly teachers, the deans and assistant principle, and mr.lisa care for us, take time to listen to our problems and try to help and improve the school every minute. I feel safe in this school and i personally feel it is a safe enviorment. The only problem is some of the students that attend this school. They don't care about education and love to misbehave. They tend to use foul language and act stupid. But, never try to bully or beat up someone. So far, I have never seen that. I'm also Asian and in the G&T Program. So the other kids tend to say discrimination things such as "Nerd" but, they do that for fun. They arn't really racist. But, hey not every school is perfect, there are always some flaws. I would reccomend this school because there are lots of programs, teachers always try to make learning fun, and I have friends that care for each other.

Is 61 Leonardo Da Vinci 3

Posted September 03, 2011
The school wasn't that great. The teachers were fantastic though. They did what they had to do, educate us children and help us with our problems. All the teachers were determined to teach, friendly with the kids and have everything planned out for the day. The school had great competitions, events, and trips for those who deserve it. What really disappointed me was the environment and some of the students that attended this school. I'm Asian, and I was part of a Gifted&Talented class, therefore the students in other "plain/regular" classes think it's right to bully the ones who are more different. Many are not dedicated to learn and laugh at those who do. Each year, the amount of 8TH graders that don't graduate and go to summer school range from 60 to 80, which is a fairly large amount. A few students looked like they were supposed to be a senior in High School, or maybe even a freshman in college! I have seen children talk back and yell back at teachers, along with the use of foul language. If you hear curses, don't be surprised because it's used occasionally (Daily Vocabulary LOL). Sometimes, I don't feel safe walking around the school. I'm so glad that I've just graduated.

Posted February 10, 2011
I attended this school around '86, I loved it. I was so upset that my parents moved to Brooklyn and I had to do my 8th grade at I.S. 302. when my brother and sisted had graduated from IS 61, I wanted to do the same. I think this school was awesome back then. Great teachers!

Is 61 Leonardo Da Vinci
98-50 50th Ave, Corona, NY  11368
Last modified Is 61 Leonardo Da Vinci is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 61 Leonardo Da Vinci Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews.