Posted October 23, 2013
I am happy to see a principal so dedicated to helping students be the best they can be. The staff are very warm and passionate about their work and that's what makes a great environment for learning. However, the students have to do their part by wanting to succeed because the teachers can do but so much. One change that I would like to see is more dedication to reading as this is where students also gain knowledge to other pertinent information not taught during class. I often ask my child to read but if the school instill this criteria it will force students to as well. Overall great school.

High School for Arts and Business 2

Posted December 29, 2012
I graduated from Arts and Business in 2009 and I am currently attending Hunter College. During high school I took many advanced placement courses which are highly offered to the students and was also accepted to a prestigious academic program called "Minds Matter." My high school experience was not a bad one, but I definitely felt cheated from a better education, and it's not the teachers faults or the schools fault entirely. Mostly it's the educational system's fault. When I got into college and was really exposed to more things, and noticed that so many of my peers knew about so many things that I wasn't taught simply because my high school was poor in comparison to theirs, I felt cheated. If I had a child I would not send them to this school simply because I would want the very best for them, and this school unfortunately is not funded enough to provide the best quality education for their students.

Posted October 29, 2012
We are extremely satisfied and happy to find such a welcoming and caring environment in a NYC school. From the teachers to the principal they are all involved in your education and implement strategies for you to excel and succeed.

Posted August 22, 2011
This school opened up a lot of opportunities while I was studying at HSAB. Internships, Community Service, Advanced Placed courses and many more. Also I met a lot of great people in this school both students and faculty members. The teachers are wonderful, they really push students to do well in classes and to reach above and beyond what they are capable of. The faculty really cares about the students are always looking out for them. The resources in this school is also amazing. We had Smart Boards which made learning easier and enjoyable for the students.

Posted March 11, 2011
The school is so small that it was easier for me to get opportunities that are greatly benifittng me now! Advanced Placement courses, College Courses, Internship opportunities etc. I like the fact that we are all like a big family. Everyone in the building knows each other very well, and I feel that it makes the school more welcoming and the teachers can focus on the students more this way!

Posted February 24, 2010
ello im a student in h.s.a.b i love this high school becouse the ppl in this school are graet they r really nice!!!if yuh ppl want to have the coolest gym teacher she is miss diangio!

Posted February 03, 2010
I graduated from this high school in the spring 2007. I highly recommend any student graduating from Jr High to go here. Professors/Faculty are great and really passionate about teaching. They say if you love the job you have you'll never have to work a day in your life, and these teachers definately signify that quote. It might be a small school but it gives you the opportunity for much greater learning experience and also because its a small school you are more likely to build wonderful relaltionships with all the faculty. I started off as a mediocre student in this school than thanks to the help of certaing teachers i turned out to be an honors student and i now attend a state university. Real Great learning experience

Posted September 02, 2008

Posted August 27, 2008
I like this school is very fun there are nice kids in this school nice programs for kids to join in and learn

Posted May 29, 2008
Considering the enviornment, this school is outstanding. Asst. Principal is a great guy.

High School for Arts and Business
105-25 Horace Harding Expw, Corona, NY  11368
Last modified High School for Arts and Business is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High School for Arts and Business Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top