Walter Panas High School 3

Posted May 03, 2014
My school has a great staff. Honestly, some of the best teachers on earth are in this school. However, the rules and actions of the administrators are not reflective of the philosophies of the students or the teachers. Often cruel and, sadly, usual punishments are used to "discipline" students. For instance, a punishment for students who choose not to attend a class is that they must sit in a room the next day, often alone, and with nothing to do. this inhibits a student's ability to learn while at school, and is quite the ironic punishment for not attending class. "you didn't go to one class, so now you cant go to any for a day." This type of "disciplining" does no good for the student, and is outright sickening. The only perk is that it discourages actions such as skipping class, but the students who want to skip class will do it anyways. No child left behind? I think not. No child left behind, as long as you do what we say is more like it.

Walter Panas High School 1

Posted March 27, 2012
I am a student in Walter Panas High School, and I feel that while this school may be safe and give students a good environment, it is not academically challenging. School spirit is important, so is self-confidance, but they won't get you into a good college, and they won't help much in the real world.

Walter Panas High School 5

Posted August 20, 2009

Posted February 25, 2009
I am a student in the 9th grade. Walter Panas has great clubs and has a educational circulum for all students. The teachers are nice and help is available if you need it. The environment is a very positive one and it is stressed that everyone is important in the school. I think the scholl has a lot to offer. Principal has been in the school for a number of years and have heard nothing but nice things.

Posted February 14, 2009
I am a parent and also attended Walter Panas High School. I think the school environment, teaching and support staff to be excellent!!!

Walter Panas High School 1

Posted February 03, 2009

Posted October 27, 2007
One son graduated 2 years ago, and another this year. Both both loved WPHS and their experiences there. There are many AP classes to challange those students up to the task, in English, Math, Social Studies, Sciences, etc. The teachers are for the most part wonderful educators and really help the students reach their potential. The counselors are terrific, helping both of my sons into their first choice colleges. The environment is friendly, safe and welcoming. My middle school daughter can't wait to attend!

Walter Panas High School 2

Posted June 27, 2007
I graduated Panas in 2000. The school was not academically challenging, not did it foster academic excellence. When I entered college, I felt woefully unprepared when compared to my colleagues from other schools. They spoke of classic English literature that I had never head of, let alone read. Obviously, things may have changed in 7 years. However, my experience there was highlighted by a few wonderful teachers. Other than that, I felt that the students really brought down the quality of the educational environment. Perhaps now that Putnam Vally is longer in the Panas district, things have improved.

Walter Panas High School 4

Posted June 10, 2007
Panas is a school that i feel safe attending. Everyone has great school spirit, and school for me is actually fun.

Walter Panas High School 3

Posted April 08, 2006

Walter Panas High School
300 Croton Ave, Cortlandt Manor, NY  10567
Last modified Walter Panas High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walter Panas High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top