Posted May 27, 2009

Posted August 04, 2008
We moved from this district several years ago. My child was well behing others at the the district we moved to. Yes, the environment is lovely, but education is the key here and I don't think this school is strong enough.

Posted March 31, 2008

Mattituck Cutchogue Elementary School 2

Posted October 03, 2007
This school has sooo much potential. Current Principal is not strong on discipline. No recognition from her for children that truly strive to achieve. There is no 'school spirit' - no drive or encouragement. Again ..school has a lot of potential.

Mattituck Cutchogue Elementary School 5

Posted May 17, 2007
I have three children in this school and it is fantastic. No where else will you find the high level of compassion and care for grade school children. It is like dropping your children off at your Mother's home!

Mattituck Cutchogue Elementary School 5

Posted April 22, 2007
I have 2 children who go here and we are very happy.There is a lot of parent involvement.Excellent reading and writing programs.The math program,Investigations is okay, but I think it needs to be supplemented.The teachers here are professional and creative. I know my children are challenged academically and nurtured socially.

Mattituck Cutchogue Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006

Posted April 01, 2005
The quality of academic programs: Reading is a concern of mine. The program the school uses does not help all the children in kindergarten and 1st grade become average and above average readers. The Math program is called investigations and I love this program. It is not the math we used when we were kids so my child is always teaching me his way of doing it. I did not always feel this way but my child really enjoys math and understands it. I think Cutchogue East thinks outside of the box with learning and is always trying new things to benefit the child.

Mattituck Cutchogue Elementary School 4

Posted November 26, 2004
Overall I would have to say Mattituck is a great school. The one thing I would have to change is that they do tend to hire from outside. This tends to bring down the morale of certified teacher's aides and substitutes. They feel a bit exploited and unappreciated. I know this since I was a certified teacher working at Mattituck as a teacher's aide back in the day. I along with many others wound up leaving the district to work at places where they hired from within.

Posted April 24, 2004
Had my child in the school for 3 years and I was unsatisfied. When it came to move the other district was one year ahead of my child. Apparently my child was behind and lagging much information to proceed to the next grade. Luckily, we had a great Principal who worked with us for 2 months and now my child has flourished! Amazing to see him/her grow into a math, spelling, science, social studies wizard! Self-esteem has shot up 300%. I am glad we moved to a, what was considered, an over-saturated school system! So this school isn't for everyone. But when it comes to building a responsible productive self-reliant human being I think it is up to the parents not totally the school's responsibility. I think parents are relying too heavily on schools.

Mattituck Cutchogue Elementary School
34900 Main Rd, Cutchogue, NY  11935
Last modified Mattituck Cutchogue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mattituck Cutchogue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top