Deer Park, NY
Students enrolled: 1,357

Posted May 20, 2014
I SEE SOME PEOPLE BLAME PARENT PARTICIPATION.ALOT OF DO PARENTS WORK,YOU MAY NOT SEE THEM AT PTA;S HOWEVER PARENT PARTICIPATION STARTS .HOMIE..I CAN SAY THAT IN THE 50 YRS PLUS ,PARENTS HAVE BEEN TOTALLY ACTIVE. AS FOR THE PERSON THAT WROTE ATHLETICS GOOD BE BETTER.WELL DP HAS PUT OUT PROFESSIONAL ATHLETICS.ITS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT THAT GOES FOR THE STUDENT AND THE PARENTS.DP ALSO HAS HAS ALOT OF STUDENTS GO TO IVORY LEAGUE SCHOOLS NOT BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH THE FAMILY HAD AND WHO THEY KNOW ,BECAUSE DP MADE IT POSS. FOR THOSE THAT WERE TRULY DESERVING OF THAT EDUCATION.DP IS A GREAT TOWN AND SCHOOLS TO GO WITH IT.ONE MORE MENTION,FOR THE STUDENT THAT SAID LOW INCOME,DO YOU HAVE A CLUE WHAT LOW INCOME IS???

Posted May 20, 2014
The arts program in this district is amazing. Students can get involved with chorus, band, orchestra, musical theatre, fine arts, fashion, etc. The teachers are wonderful throughout the district.

Deer Park High School 3

Posted July 11, 2013
I am a student attending Deer Park High School. I moved from one of the best school districts in Long Island : Half Hollow High School East . Coming from there I soon found out that there was an intense rivalry. I made lots of friends quickly. Which was a plus. But you also get judged very quickly. I'm an A+ student and in all honesty I have to say I never started having problems until I started going to this school. They offer great classes & academic activities to participate in, but they fail to keep fighting and bullying under control. Drug use is definitely average in this school. I knew people in 8th grade using weed or other substances daily. Drinking too. This school IS a good school. But this school can also be a TERRIBLE school if you're child gets influenced easily and has a hard time focusing. The bad path is very clear while becoming successful takes more effort.

Posted February 04, 2013
I graduated from DPHS back in 2007 and believe it is a great school district. I think a lot of is what you make of it, if you re willing to put the time and effort in the teachers will go the extra mile for you. I graduated in the top 20% of my class, graduated from a university with my bachelors degree in Finance in just 3 years and moved on to work at one of the leading insurance firms in the world. DPHS was my starting foundation for all of this. You can t go to a school and expect to come out very well educated without putting effort into things yourself. DPHS offers a wide range of class choices as well as multiple advanced courses.

Deer Park High School 4

Posted January 18, 2012
I am a 1979 graduate who attended a top university and also two top tier conservatories. DP schools provided me with an excellent academic foundation, especially in science, math, music, and extracurricular activities. All of this helped me become a well-rounded and well-spoken graduate and I am always pleased to be able to say the same about my fellow graduates, many of whom I simply run into on Facebook. DP has always been a low-to-middle class blue collar town. That does not mean that a good education is hard to get. My parents were motivated to make sure I took advantage of the many diverse offerings DP schools offered. You can lead some to water but you can't make them drink. Parents, if you want your kids to succeed, you MUST be involved in their lives.

Posted January 17, 2012
I grew up in Deer Park back in the 70's and went to DPHS. It was GREAT place to go to school. It saddens me to hear some of the comments as to how it has gone down.

Posted March 02, 2009

Posted November 01, 2007
My 2 children received a great education in Deer Park schools. The teachers are wonderful, administration is professional and motivated. This school district is poised to do great things in the near future. The BOE is moving things along nicely and is very supportive of the staff and students. The parental involvement could be better. Everyone should show their support at school meetings, PTA meetings and BOE meetings!!!

Deer Park High School 4

Posted October 31, 2007
All 3 of my children went to DPHS. Graduated with honors and went on to attend excellent colleges. The staff and administration at DPHS are caring and professional. True, parental involvement is lacking in some cases, but not all. I am glad my children succeeded in a diverse atmosphere. There is an education to be had in Deer Park.

Deer Park High School 1

Posted September 14, 2007
- a former student
Just a step above ghetto. Drugs rampant. Poor grammar. When parents do participate it is at the game and the profanity is classless.

Deer Park High School
1 Falcon Place, Deer Park, NY  11729
Last modified Deer Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Park High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top