Delmar, NY
Students enrolled: 1,202

Posted March 24, 2015
This school is WAY overrated. The administration is awful. My daughter who is new to the school district and 11 years old was being bullied and sexually harrassed. When I tried to contact the principal I left 3 messages before the assistant principal would even call me back. When he did I was very disappointed and how defensive he was about my complaints concerning my daughter safety. His only response that was directed at the bullying incidents and there were several was that, "there are no cameras installed so there are is no way to prove anything." I also tried contracting the counselor for patroon 1 and all she did was direct me to the website. I told her my daughter was having difficulties and was in a state of crisis and she told me that my daughter had to come and make an appointment with her. She never offered to reach out to my daughter. She is completely useless as is most of the staff. The school has a handful of very good teachers but unfortunately the environment is so chaotic and bullying is rampant.

Posted January 14, 2015
This is not a great school if your child is high functioning but carries an IEP. My son has been to the elementary schools in Bethlehem and they were amazing and supportive. However, if you may want to consider enrolling your child in a private school for 6th grade. The resource room teacher is not allowed to help your child with his/her core academics. In fact, they slap on more work. This is so wrong and seemingly unlawful. Especially when my child is allowed extra time on his test which there is no time for in the busy schedule. These children had two core classes every other day in elementary school. Now they enter 6th grade where they are expected to sit through 4 core classes and resource room where they write essays which don't pertain to their English class. And another very strange thing: Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday are the days in which the library is open to all students from 2:45 - 3:45. If your child is not in the library but 3:00 sharp, the librarian will not let you in. Therefore, your child will have to forget about studying or doing homework in the library.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 20, 2013
This school is amazing the staff and teachers are great. There are several clubs and activities for the students. My daughter loved this school.

Posted July 11, 2012
Although Bethlehem is a good district, their middle school is a huge disappointment. First of all, it is very cliquey, there are many bullies roaming free in the hallways here, a lot of teachers don't know how to correctly teach their students and provide them with the help they need, and the building is DISGUSTING. Gum covering the bottoms of almost every desk, the bathrooms flood often, and the middle school pool was awful. The school's budget cuts are also awful on the middle school. There is a lot of room for improvement here.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 02, 2010
I honestly can say that i STRONGLY dislike this school.Most of the teachers are nice, but they say they care about students like me with organization "issues" yeah, its a lie. there is also a gargantuan issue with cliques and a wide spread of rumors. rumors legitamatly spread in 5 minutes throughout the whole school. Many students look down apon one another. it also upsets me seeing what kids like me do to eachother in this school. You see many kids crying. its the worst. i would also like to state budget cuts are horrible in this school district i know for a fact that many teachers are getting layed-off next year and i have a feeling that like last year and the year before that all feild trips will be cancled. music & art programs will most likely be cut too.they cant afford paper...enough said.

Posted April 06, 2010
The Bethlehem Central Middle School has a nice environment with many students and amazing teachers. Sure, they often give us a lot of homework, but we learn a lot all the same.

Bethlehem Central Middle School 2

Posted July 30, 2009
This is an area with involved parents, highly educated families and voters that are willing to pay for quality education. Given all of that the school is really not performing in the way that it should. There is a greater importance placed on rules than there is on quality education. There is nothing inovative. Teachers view parents involvement as a burden. Bright children are too much work. While the grade school in the district was outstanding, the middle school is really a disapointment.

Posted March 17, 2009
I go to bethlehem middle school as well, i think all of the teachers and staff are great. I love how no matter who you are what you do or how you act u feel like you are acpeted by everybody there.

Posted November 02, 2008
I go to BCMS and I think the school is great! We have an excellent environment and a great group of teachers. There is nothing big I would change about the school. I think it is AWESOME!

Posted October 23, 2008
It has many clubs for any kid and has a ver warm and good enviornment.

Bethlehem Central Middle School
332 Kenwood Avenue, Delmar, NY  12054
Last modified Bethlehem Central Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bethlehem Central Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top