Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have mixed feeling about this school. I feel some of the teachers are great and are helpful in helping your child be the best he/she can be and other teachers, not so much. The staff is very supportive and so is the Principal. Although at times, I feel, Mr. Klugman can be partial and defensive. The kids in this school aren't friendly and welcoming at all, especially the girls-they have a disgusting unfriendly attitude and treat other girls like they are invisible. They have this kinda superior attitude, Very cliquey, it's pretty sad. The adults/parents behave the same way so it's no surprise I guess... There's in no energy, I describe the town as "The Walking Dead". There are other great school districts in Albany. Don't feel the need to come here just because it's rated the best school in the Capital Region. Social settings matter as well...If your child can't thrive socially and is made to feel isolated by their peers, they can suffer academically. I personally don't feel it's worth the risk.

This school is WAY overrated. The administration is awful. My daughter who is new to the school district and 11 years old was being bullied and sexually harrassed. When I tried to contact the principal I left 3 messages before the assistant principal would even call me back. When he did I was very disappointed and how defensive he was about my complaints concerning my daughter safety. His only response that was directed at the bullying incidents and there were several was that, "there are no cameras installed so there are is no way to prove anything." I also tried contracting the counselor for patroon 1 and all she did was direct me to the website. I told her my daughter was having difficulties and was in a state of crisis and she told me that my daughter had to come and make an appointment with her. She never offered to reach out to my daughter. She is completely useless as is most of the staff. The school has a handful of very good teachers but unfortunately the environment is so chaotic and bullying is rampant.

This is not a great school if your child is high functioning but carries an IEP. My son has been to the elementary schools in Bethlehem and they were amazing and supportive. However, if you may want to consider enrolling your child in a private school for 6th grade. The resource room teacher is not allowed to help your child with his/her core academics. In fact, they slap on more work. This is so wrong and seemingly unlawful. Especially when my child is allowed extra time on his test which there is no time for in the busy schedule. These children had two core classes every other day in elementary school. Now they enter 6th grade where they are expected to sit through 4 core classes and resource room where they write essays which don't pertain to their English class. And another very strange thing: Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday are the days in which the library is open to all students from 2:45 - 3:45. If your child is not in the library but 3:00 sharp, the librarian will not let you in. Therefore, your child will have to forget about studying or doing homework in the library.

This school is amazing the staff and teachers are great. There are several clubs and activities for the students. My daughter loved this school.

Although Bethlehem is a good district, their middle school is a huge disappointment. First of all, it is very cliquey, there are many bullies roaming free in the hallways here, a lot of teachers don't know how to correctly teach their students and provide them with the help they need, and the building is DISGUSTING. Gum covering the bottoms of almost every desk, the bathrooms flood often, and the middle school pool was awful. The school's budget cuts are also awful on the middle school. There is a lot of room for improvement here.

I honestly can say that i STRONGLY dislike this school.Most of the teachers are nice, but they say they care about students like me with organization "issues" yeah, its a lie. there is also a gargantuan issue with cliques and a wide spread of rumors. rumors legitamatly spread in 5 minutes throughout the whole school. Many students look down apon one another. it also upsets me seeing what kids like me do to eachother in this school. You see many kids crying. its the worst. i would also like to state budget cuts are horrible in this school district i know for a fact that many teachers are getting layed-off next year and i have a feeling that like last year and the year before that all feild trips will be cancled. music & art programs will most likely be cut too.they cant afford paper...enough said.

The Bethlehem Central Middle School has a nice environment with many students and amazing teachers. Sure, they often give us a lot of homework, but we learn a lot all the same.

This is an area with involved parents, highly educated families and voters that are willing to pay for quality education. Given all of that the school is really not performing in the way that it should. There is a greater importance placed on rules than there is on quality education. There is nothing inovative. Teachers view parents involvement as a burden. Bright children are too much work. While the grade school in the district was outstanding, the middle school is really a disapointment.

I go to bethlehem middle school as well, i think all of the teachers and staff are great. I love how no matter who you are what you do or how you act u feel like you are acpeted by everybody there.

I go to BCMS and I think the school is great! We have an excellent environment and a great group of teachers. There is nothing big I would change about the school. I think it is AWESOME!

Last modified Bethlehem Central Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.