DeWitt, NY

Moses Dewitt Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2014
They are great with my son who has ADHD/OCD and have been very helpful in trying new ways to get him to learn and keep up with the rest of the class.His teacher always returns my calls and keeps me informed of my sons progress. However, up until this year my daughter loved going to school, now she ask to stay home if she can't switch teachers. Her teacher doesn't return phone calls, berates my child about our families income, she ask my daughter why I'm calling and emailing so much and even once stole from child

Posted April 09, 2014
Love this school! The teachers are nurturing, understanding and patient. My boys did so well there and got a great foundation for middle school. The administration is very supportive of special needs. To this day I see the little ones in my neighborhood getting off the bus happy and cheerful.

Moses Dewitt Elementary School 2

Posted October 16, 2013
This school is terrible. My son recently went into their kindergarten, and he couldn't speak English well. Now they're putting him into ESL (english as a second language) and putting him with a "special" education because he doesn't speak English well. He's a slow learner. He's shy. He doesn't talk very much. Give us a break. If you're going to move into this area, try Tecumseh Elementary school.

Moses Dewitt Elementary School 1

Posted March 01, 2013
This school is horrible!! from the teachers to the incompetent principle. My son has adhd and is treated like he is some kind of monster. They have no patience for anyone that is not perfect. The area is clicky like all the parents are still in high school. Terrible in every aspect!! Save yourself the headache and go to a different elementary school!!

Posted February 02, 2009
Great attention to the students, and everyone knows your kids!

Posted September 02, 2008
Moses DeWitt has been wonderful for both my 'typical' child - my daughter, and my son, who has multiple disabilities. I find the staff to be very caring and willing, and they are eager to find ways to include my son in every activity. Exceptional elementary school and staff, from the new principle to the aides!

Posted January 17, 2006
- a former student
During the few yaers that I attended Moses Dewitt I always felt like I was the one & only there. The teachers knew how to make any of the kids that attended feel that they were the first & most important person in the class & I very much appreciated that.

Posted January 04, 2006
Moses is an excellent elementary school. Supportive teaching staff, great community involvement, a great place to go to school!

Moses Dewitt Elementary School
201 Jamesville Road, DeWitt, NY  13214
Last modified Moses Dewitt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moses Dewitt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top