Bad
Good

This school used o be good, but now it's not good. I went there my final years of high school, and it was a different school than the one I had heard about. There are some fabulous teachers that go out of their way to help students, but some teachers do nothing in their class but talk about sports or kick kids out for no reason. Guidance did nothing to help any students but their favored few. Bullying is rampant. Paperwork could be filled out if anything was done with it, and many teachers look the other way when people get bullied in front of them. There is not a lot for advanced students because most electives have been eliminated. If at all possible, do not send a kid there if you have a choice. It's not the GB it was in the day.

I graduated from General Brown and the school was great then. I had one of my children enrolled and the school was completely different than it used to be. My daughter was not given any guidance she was ignored in class and he teacher still did not know her name at the end of the school year. She also had some special education classes she was attneding and the school wanted to cancel them because tof the budget cuts. They tried to convince us that she no longer needed them. We had to move to another district and when they tested her they agreed that she did need to continue with her special ed. The children used to be the first thing on the districts mind but I think they are more concerned with their budget and community gossip.

My School is General Brown High School 2 of my 3 children have graduated from GBHS. General Brown has a BULLYING epidemic. Everyone is aware of it. Key administrators are sweeping serious problems under the carpet and denying the extent of which the problems exist GB has some great and supportive teachers left, due to budget cuts (lost some great teachers) and they also have a few teachers that lack enthusiasm and need to retire. Unfortunately the administration staff leaves a lot to be desired. It seems as though Supporting the students and teachers is not a priority.

The guidance office is horrible. The councilers do not listen to student's personal issues, there are very few good teachers who actively try to help the students, the rest send them to I.S.S and would rather forget about the student's behind than help. The only good thing about the school is sports. Plus; the budget is horrible.

I am a GB Graduate and i can tell you 1st hand that while I did receive a great education there were issues with the school. The teaching staff is a fantastic group of people who want the students to succeed but also feel comfortable. The guidance counselors are there for any problem that you want to talk about and when it comes to making your schedule are very willing to help. However, the administration left a lot to be desired, not the vice principal but the current principal and superintendent often created more problems. The new rules that the principal put in place often restricted teachers and often limited them rather than aiding in their teaching us. And the superintendent really needed to think more about the students and their educations than the football field. I've since heard that the principal is getting worse. But the teachers makeup for them.

my son attends GB. I feel very confident that he is treated very well by most of the staff and students. I believe he is being giving a solid education and great lessons about being a good person. My son plays in many sports, the programs are very positive and healthy. They are coached by what I see as extremely positive caring men and women. All is great here and if I believed my son was to grow up and stay here I would be satisfied. BUT, I want my son to see more and not be sheltered from life. I want him to able to go to college in a large community and not be lost. It maybe a mistake, but we may move from the area.

The education at GB is outstanding. The superintendent is proactive, the principal involved, the teachers dedicated and the supporting staff are top notch. However, the are a few teachers and staff that give GB a bad name. Those few choose to make up rules as they go and that creates turmoil for the rest of the school. The principal should be more proactive in identifying these teachers and counsel them.

Last modified General Brown Junior Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.