Posted September 06, 2010
I went to this school and I was very satisfied. Most of the teachers cared about the students. The staff had many ways of making learning fun.

Posted November 22, 2007

Posted April 16, 2006
Excellent school as far as academics and qualifications of the staff. Very friendly and address any needs right away. Very serious school for learning.

Posted April 14, 2006

Otsego Elementary School 4

Posted October 13, 2005
My older son went here, and it used to be better. The teachers have turned over completely and there are many very young ones. It's still a good school, but I will be watching closely this year. I have a first grader.

Posted June 10, 2005
My children attended Otsego for two years. I found the academic rigor to be high, but more importantly, the standards the district sets for the quality of their teachers is also high. The curriculum is challenging and stimulating, and taught through many interesting, hands on experiences. My older son often commented how his teachers made the learning fun. The only criticism I had was that they overdid the practice testing for the standardized tests -- at the expense of learning a wider variety of topics in a subject. This was done more for the district's image than for the students. But I would be happy to have my children attend this school nonetheless, as they received a fine education in a disciplined environment and enjoyed the experience to boot!

Otsego Elementary School
55 Otsego Avenue, Dix Hills, NY  11746
Last modified Otsego Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Otsego Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top