K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

September 2016, My child was in this school for 1 week. After spending a lot of money in applications, administrative fees, uniforms, I found the school to be cold, intolerant and frankly dishonest as to what promised me as a parent as regards what type of Christian atmosphere there would be. It is a family run operation and The assistant principle, who is a pastor actually lied right in my child's face several times when she had a problem with another child there who threatened to spit in her face. He also misled me as a parent. Do not waste your money here. Money is the objective here. Very intolerant atmosphere.

I have been dealing with Upper Room for some years now and it seems like the school is changing for the worse. There is no diversity of teachers and it seems like it's a family thing. You have the husband - Gregory Eck (Head Master) , then his wife, then his daughter and her husband. How can there be an unbiased result when they would take up for each other because that is what family does. At this point really considering other schools where this is diversity.

Develops character: Disagree

No. The teachers are all related to someone in the school. This school deficiency displays nepotism.

Upper Room Christian School provided my two daughters with an excellent Christian education that prepared them to go to outstanding colleges and become women of God.

I sent all four of my children to this school and am thoroughly pleased with the outcome. Not only were my children prepared for college but more importantly, they were prepared for life! No regrets!!

I do not recommend this school to anyone. I had my daughter in this school for exactly 60 days, and that was more than enough. The principal was very rude and the 1st grade teacher was not someone who I would want teaching my child. I know this is said to be a christian school, but I question the values of some of the staff. The only thing they seemed to be concerned with was money.

I am very disappointed with my experience here. I cant tell you what happen with this school, but it is not good. Broken equipment, cold building, no lunch, or breakfast is provided and it seems like the only thing that is happen it the money is going in the school pocket. the kids are rude to the teachers, the are caught cursing and being so disrespectful

I have had my children in the school for years, from elementary through high school. My children love the school and are challenged by the curriculum. They have stayed close to their friends and miss school during the summer. The teachers have been amazing, and even the elementary teachers have stayed close with their former students throughout the years, encouraging my children to visit, and offering their continued mentoring long after leaving their grade. A Christian School with an excellent program is difficult to find, but I have found it here. The administration encourages involvement and is always accessible. For a small school, the music and arts program is excellent and constantly growing, and the sports program is top notch. I would recommend this school to anyone. I have seen many students graduate, and these children are getting into the schools and fields of their choice, with scholarship money awarded.

This is the first year for my 5th grade level niece. So far she and my family rave about the school. The curriculum seems challenging(which is great). She is taking advantage of the wonderful music department by taking vocal and piano lessons. So far I'm a fan.

Last modified Upper Room Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12