East Amherst, NY
Students enrolled: 1,013

Posted January 06, 2014
nice school but difficult at times. too much homework, tests and quizzes sometimes makes it hard for me to relax!!!!

Posted September 12, 2013
I am a current student at Transit Middle and I locve this school! The teachers are great. even the subsitute teachers are cool. I and my friends like this subsitute teacher she is so pretty and nice and helpful. She is very good looking her name is Ms. C. i cannot wait to see her again in the new school year. i hope she is a subsitute teacher in all my classes!

Transit Middle School 5

Posted April 30, 2013
This school is absolutely fabulous. Speaking as a current seventh grade student, I love it there! The teachers are kind, funny, and always willing to help. The classes are always interesting, and I now love classes that I used to hate. The atmosphere is wonderful and the anti-bullying policy is strict and effective. Even the bus drivers are good; they are kind but enforce all the essential rules for safety. This school definitely deserves a 5/5.

Transit Middle School 3

Posted December 22, 2012
This is definitely a good school, in terms of quality and cooperation. But I worry that Transit's reputation for academics overlooks something that has been the undisputed bane of my daughters' existence- the homework. My eldest daughter, for example, qualified for all three of the 8th grade advanced courses, but took only two of those classes because she was so worried about the workload. And even then she was up at 11 most nights trying to finish her assignments. My younger daughter took the regular courses and suffered the same problem. The teachers also have a habit of assigning projects over breaks, which in my opinion completely defeats the whole purpose of a short vacation during a school year. It certainly is depressing when your kids each have 3 projects to work on during Christmas.

Transit Middle School 5

Posted October 16, 2011
This is really good! The teachers are great, and the principles and guidance counselor really help you make many friends! This is also number one in academics, and it even has its own store! You should really go to this school, because it's a smart school, a cooperative school, and a school with awesome clubs and activities!

Posted May 20, 2011
I have really enjoyed my time I have spent at Transit. If there was anything that went bad, it wasn't because of the school in its entirety- it was because of the acts of the few. Also, many students do care about doing well in school, but there are many who don't try at all and that shouldn't be the school's fault. It's all about your attitude and not who to blame. Anyway, if you get yourself involved positively, you're bound to have a great experience at this school. My refuge was art class- I was there nearly everyday before school working on a project. Find what works for you and go off from there.

Transit Middle School 0

Posted November 06, 2008
I have just moved from that area and I have been in this school for 2 years and I love [D] IT!!! I moved to another town and it didn't even compare to Williamsville schools or Transit Middle. Here in this school district I am so far ahead of all of these kids and I am very thankful that I got to be at Transit while I could! But there are some cons to Transit, the only thing is you never want to go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Transit Middle School 0

Posted September 30, 2008
lazy teachers, useless administration and an aura of medocrity

Posted August 24, 2008
Transit, for me, has been a little clique-ish and has had a few disadvantages, but overall I really enjoy it here. Most of the teachers I have had have been amazingly helpful and have cared about how well I am doing, only a few have judged me because of my one older sibling (although, he was quite a trouble maker). Honestly, I believe that this school is better than the surrounding schools.

Transit Middle School 1

Posted August 23, 2008
This school is probably the biggest nightmare i have ever had to deal with. My kids would come home crying because the administration is so corrupt and the ladies in the office are no where near pleasant to deal with. Granted, the academics are strong, but the atmosphere is horrible. There is a reason the kids nicknamed the school alka-transit

Transit Middle School
8730 Transit Road, East Amherst, NY  14051
Last modified Transit Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Transit Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top