Bad
Good

The worst performing school in the district and for good reason - because they believe it is the best and will not listen to any constructive criticism. Principal, Vice, board members and teachers have their head in their sand and refuse to acknowledge performance issues with the school and will either ignore your concerns or employ an "attack the messenger" mentality. As a result, parents and students are left with little options but to leave or find tutors to supplement.

I just graduated from Dodge and I feel that it is the perfect school for any child. The teachers are all welcoming and friendly and they help children at all paces and teach concepts, methods, and skills that fit that specific child perfectly. The school's staff and PTA (Parent Teacher Association) organize fun events. Parents can always be involved so they can keep up with their child's progress. Williamsville Central School District is the best in the area, and Dodge is also one of the best in this district. This school is excellent! -Submitted by a student

The Assistant Principal and Principal are rude and this school does not have the good direction at all. The development of the children is lacking and the teachers don't care when constructive advice is shared at conferences. The School District seem preoccupied with the better performing elementary schools and the issues never get resolved. I was told not to even approach the Board and the Super about the School because you will be attacked personally for even asking the question. Going to send my 3 kids to a different school.

I've been at Dodge and I can only say it's average. There are lots of distractions and kids that don't work hard. The environment is only average and the assistant principal is rude and acts like the actual principal. There's little diversity in students and most teachers aren't teaching as much as they should be. I do not recommend this school.

Dodge is the lowest performing school in Williamsville and in my opinion, it is that way for a reason. The administration is non-responsive, the School Board deflects comments and focuses its attention on the "better performing" schools in the district. As a result, it is forcing us to send our children to private school. That is a shame given the overall high level of parental involvement.

Compared to the other schools in this district, Dodge is terribly behind and I feel as though the District has turned a blind eye to the needs and improvements at Dodge. Dodge's scores are 15-20 points behind others in this district. That is why I am moving to another school district. I feeam hopeful but feel sorry for the parents who are trying to make it work there.

I found that this school does not measure up to the other elementary schools in the district. The test scores are very low and commitment to the children is, in my opinion, disappointing overall. Children that are sent to other schools (private, catholic other elementary school in district) perform much better and excel.

The school is wonderful. My son has had K and 1st here. They have a small class option pulling from the district for kiddos with speech issues/communication delays (15:1:1) that incorporates social skills along side academics. The social skills curriculum is part of the entire school and the children are better for it. There are many opportunities for parental involvement. We were nervous having moved here from out of state but I honestly could not think of a better environment for my son or our family.

My 5 yr old son loves Kindergarten, I feel the children are being pushed to excel and he loves the challenge. They nurture independence, the staff has been fantastic.

My son started K here at Dodge and is now in 1st grade, with my daughter coming in next year in K. We love the school, it's amazing staff and the enthusiastic, helpful teachers. The school encourages independence and self respect, as well as a sense of community among both the students and adults. Excellent education for our children is the top priority at this wonderful school, which nods to both tradition and a progressive atmosphere.

Last modified Dodge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.