East Aurora, NY

East Aurora High School 3

Posted February 27, 2013
As an EAHS alumni, I feel strongly that EAHS is an acceptable school. However, when I arrived at college, I felt ill prepared and lost academically. I could not compose an essay effectively. I could not handle the demands of an academic school and I believe this contributed to my struggle during my freshman year in college. (No, I did not go to school to party or pledge a sorority. I went for an education!) EAHS is small. It is a school that is highly focused on offering all sports possible and unfortunately not performing any of them spectacularly. I do not believe the school is focused on education. Nor do I believe that it is sympathetic of seniors who wish to be challenged through graduation. Seniors are often left with such a light schedule that it is like they are in limbo between high school and college. It's too bad that the district does not wish to push seniors to be stronger academically and serve them better in the transition to college. I have three children coming up in the district. I have great reservations about sending them to the high school. It's a shame because Parkdale Elementary is wonderful and the middle school is outstanding.

Posted November 12, 2012
East Aurora High School offers the kind of high school experience many parents wish to give their children. The schools are a wonderful aspect of living in East Aurora, which is a town that prides itself in having a strong sense of community and positive social values. The students are educated well. A wide range of courses and extra-curricular opportunities are available. Upon graduation, more than 90% of the students attend college. I recommend the school highly.

Posted September 25, 2009

East Aurora High School 4

Posted December 30, 2008
As a recent EAHS graduate I am proud to say that I went to a NYS public high school. I attend college out of state and when I compare my education to that of my peers, I can see that I am at an advantage. Of course there are some downfalls. There is a clear lack of diversity at the high school, which refects upon the lack of diversity in the town and general area itself. There are many activities for students to get involved in, such as sports, music, theater, and clubs. The staff is, in general, supportive and willing to help those who put in the effort. I did notice that a lot of the curriculum is designed for 'numbers' AP program participants are required to take the exam, for instance. Otherwise, I believe that East Aurora Schools are an excellent plact to recieve a high school diploma.

East Aurora High School 1

Posted September 04, 2008

East Aurora High School 4

Posted March 23, 2007
- a former student
I am a recent East Aurora High School graduate and have found how much I learned at EAHS compared to students who went to other schools. The education at EAHS, and just the East Aurora School District in general, is so much more advanced compared to other schools in the state. While the high school is a bit cliquey, you will get that in any school. The teachers in most of the departments are great. The Art Department at EAHS is one of the best high school Art Departments in the area, if not in NYS. It seems as though EAHS is constantly expanding their curriculum to adapt to the changing times. Parent involvement at the high school is a bit low, but parents really should not be involved too much after middle school. The administration really does not help solve problems and are not open to change.

Posted December 04, 2006
I am a parent of two children in the High School. In my opinion, the High School has offered a very high quality education. My children have had the opportunity to take many AP courses, along with the standard curriculum. The teaching staff has been excellent. I have found them to be very motivating and always available for extra help. The music department offers Concert Band, an award winning Jazz Band, Orchestra, and Chorus. They include a very dedicated and fine staff. In addition to the academic side, the sports teams, plays, and numerous clubs give the opportunity for kids to broaden their horizons and get involved. No school is perfect and for the most part any child gets the most out of their education with exactly what they put into it... at East Aurora they have the chance to learn, grow, and have fun.

Posted September 10, 2005
- a former student
I'm an EAHS grad, and I'm proud to be one. I feel that the teachers have provided me with an unbeatable education.I went on to an Ivy League school and plan to send my son to EAHS some day.

East Aurora High School 1

Posted August 05, 2005

East Aurora High School 3

Posted February 25, 2005
- a former student
I am an EA grad, and I hate to say it, but this school and town has changed so much since I've been there. The quality of students has gone down as you can see by the % that have enrolled in a 4 year college. One thing that is great with EA, is the number of extra-curricular activities the school offers. Now, if the parents in EA would motivate there children a little more to participate, then EA would not have so many problems. The leadership by the management is not good as you can see by going to sporting events. The principal use to be at every event, and now you are lucky if you see him at 1 a season.

East Aurora High School
1003 Center Street, East Aurora, NY  14052
Last modified East Aurora High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Aurora High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top