9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I agree with the below email. I sent my first son to McClancy and my other three children to St. John's Prep. The quality of the teachers at St. John's Prep was so much better. They are required to be certified teachers in their subject areas. I found out that at McClancy not all the teachers my son had even had a majored in the area they were teaching in college. Many are hired because they need coaches for a sports team or popular alumni.

McClancy is a below level school which had to start admitting girls to stay afloat two years ago. This place should have closed. Very sorry I sent my son to this school. You are better off going to St. John's Prep in Astoria. My daughter went there and received a superior education.

To start this school recently turned co-ed and the surrounding community has to suffer greatly from the idiotic screaming and yelling made by students after-school. The school does nothing to stop the degrading environment. The freshmen female students are able to do whatever they want to in school without facing any jurisdiction while the rest of the student is kept under strict control.

My son is currently a freshman and we both love the school. Most of the teachers are young and all are very approachable and available to both students and parents. My son has tons of new friends already and the student body seems respectful and well mannered. Even the staff who answers the phone when you call with a question are extremely friendly and accommodating. More importantly, as someone with older children as well, I can say that the quality of education from what I have seen so far, is as good as any catholic school in the area.

my son graduates this year and he is in all honors and the teachers and faculty are beyond satisfactory. i recommend this school for both your sons and daughters since its now co-ed

Teachers in this school are average, most students failed biology in their freshmen year. The student body at McClancy are the worst I have ever seen and the administration does nothing to change it. No one should go to this school. The principal is not even involved into the school. The way I look at this school is Private Catholic Zoned High School, they accept all students that do not get accepted into other private schools. If you love your child don't make him suffer by sending him here.

McClancy HS is a great school for college preparation. My son is a freshmen and the teachers are very caring and really care about their students. I also like the fact that they have a very successful teams especially the baseball program. I would recommend this school to serious student/athletes with aspiration to go to a great college.

Great school, probably one isolated case in which this parent is speaking of. The administration and faculty is very caring and tend to the priorities of all the students.

This school has a beautiful success rate of a whhopping 99 percent of kids going to college. What a wonderful school and its curiculum is outstanding by far

I think that McClancy is a outstanding high school for young, and intellijent men!

Last modified Monsignor McClancy Memorial High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12